Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRAVEL HISTORY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAVEL HISTORY
    Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 1:42am

This is very important question and comes to everyone mind applying for PR renewal or Citizenship.

Do CIC has records for everyone travel history ?
Because its difficult for an individual to keep history of all travels made in required numbers of years. What if someone made mistake in declaring the exact dates of travels ?

The same thing happened to many while entering canada and the declaration form required them to mention the last exit date ? What if someone doesnt remember that ? 

Any member had any experience or comments, please share ?
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 11:20pm
Passports are usually stamped by Immigration whenever you go to another country.......use that as reference.....

Doesn't your passport have any entry/exit stamps?
If not, what about tickets or boarding passes?

Usually one can remember when they left one country to go to another, unless it has been a lifetime.....
MENACHEM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MENACHEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 4:29pm

if your are married and working on de forms for pr status can you go to de new york for 1 or 2 days

happy person
AhmedZahil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmedZahil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 7:41pm
Yeah usually immigration officers stamp when you get a temporary travel visa ( Expires in 6 months )

edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:06am
Originally posted by calgarian calgarian wrote:

This is very important question and comes to everyone mind applying for PR renewal or Citizenship.

Do CIC has records for everyone travel history ?
Because its difficult for an individual to keep history of all travels made in required numbers of years. What if someone made mistake in declaring the exact dates of travels ?

The same thing happened to many while entering canada and the declaration form required them to mention the last exit date ? What if someone doesnt remember that ? 

Any member had any experience or comments, please share ?

Usually, passport should be stamped at the entrance and exit of the visited country, and Canadian borders stamp your passport at the entrance.
I did one visit during my stay in Canada, when i departed from Canada, the Border officer took a look at my passport and PR, and typed some info on his desktop, I think they are controlling exits without passport stamp, when i got back, the stamped my passport (RR), so, you have to look at your passport pages clearly, coz i couldn't find the entrance stamp easily, it was just under my immigration visa on the same page.
"Canada, where good people live"
canada_immigrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada_immigrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:13pm
I come from the UK they do not stamp British Citizens Passports when re-entering the UK and no UK custom delcaration is required unless you want to declare goods that need to be.  The only thing that they do to a British Passport Holder is examine the passport at random or just wave people through at the UK Border Control when entering the UK.  A British Passport holder does not fill in a customs declaration form unless they are importing goods that need to be declared.

I've left Canada several times, first time when I was visiting Canada on Vacation and then during the time I was Working under a Work Permit in Canada and I've never experienced anyone taking a note on the date I was leaving Canada.  Unless the airline does this.  I've never experienced a border officer examining my passport when leaving Canada.

Upon arriving in Canada, however, on the Customs Declaration Card there is an option to put the estimate date you left Canada previously and the value of the goods that you took with you.  So I assume they would put those dates on file.

See here:

Edited by canada_immigrant - 07 Feb 2010 at 1:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic