Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit Canada From Dubai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote althea426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visit Canada From Dubai
    Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 2:57am
I am a newbie here and i have some questions to ask.
Does anyone here knows the process of getting visa from UAE?
I am filipina and i wanted to visit my boyfriend in canada. I just have some questions to ask.

1. How much amount would i be needed to go to canada.
2. How much chance would i get for a visit visa to be approved if the invitation comes from my boyfriend.  (As i have read there be less chance for it.)
3. How long would the process of the visa takes.

I would be thankful if u could answer my query.  I still have some more questions to ask though. Smile

MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 2:11pm
Both situations will be tricky.
Visiting a boyfriend maybe tricky because they might see that as a permanent intention.

On the other hand, visiting as a genuine tourist will put the onus on you to provide full details on finance, your strong roots to home country etc. You will be left with the responsibility to prove that you will return back. Living in Dubai might make that tougher. I am not sure on the rate of acceptance of visitor application for applicants from Phillipines.

My personal opinion is try for the visitor with intention to visit boy friend first. But show very, very, very strong ties to home country and very, very, very good reasons for you to leave Canada.

Second, there is the option of sponsorship under the "conjugal" relationship. However, the requirements for this are stringent:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp#conjugal

althea426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote althea426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 12:27am
Thanks for the info majid.  I am having a resident visa here in Dubai and is planning to visit canada for a month this year.  My question is how much money do i need to have for the trip. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic