Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manila,Philippines Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 769770771772773 904>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 3:01am
PRV-permanent resident visa. Its our common goal, what put us altogether here.
Feb2, 2010-application sub Miss
Feb11,2010-sponsorship approved
March25,2010-in process Manila
Aug16,2010-DM & PPR
Aug17,2010-ecas 'Decision Made',PP sent
Sept28,2010-visa recvd
Oct13-landed
dan2010 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 3:27am
@steelAce

Thank you so much for checking on me.
Still no visa package for me, its sept 26. I'M FACING UNCERTAINTY NOW because I never read any situation like mine posted at least on the internet.
I don't know where to pick up the pieces and build hopes again.
We hope our MP is able to awaken this vo to make action.

What worries me is the expiration of the visa. If I was issued a permanent resident visa sometime august 16 or earlier, when is it going to expire? And if it has expired before they give me back the passport, what are the chances of it renewed? And how? Do I need to face another pr application? I'm at my lowest point of sanity. My orderly plan after DM, pdos and flights, potential job oppurtunities and applications as well as arrangements on my properties here were all turned upside down. Now everything is at a standstill because I don't know when is the visa coming.
Aug16,2010-DM & PPR
Sept28,2010-visa recvd
Oct13-landed
dan2010 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 3:39am
Usually how long is the duration of a permanent visa from date of issuance to expiration? Is it the same for all?

My medicals would expire by january 8. I still have hopes to leave before that. I don't want to spend christmas and new year's eve here in the philippines...so sad and heartbreaking, not so much for my sake but more on what I see around..
Aug16,2010-DM & PPR
Sept28,2010-visa recvd
Oct13-landed
Augustinians View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augustinians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:46am
Hi to everyone!

I have a question regarding with the Appendix A document checklist no.15 "a copy of this document checklist" it means that do i have to include total of 2 copy of Appendix A (1 photocopy of an answered Appendix A form and the original) in our application? Thank you in advance! Smiley
angeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:52am
@Augustinians -- no, it just means you have to submit 1 copy of that document checklist. you can keep the other one for your guide and reference. =)

@Berns -- when was your baby born? If baby was born april 17, 2009, it says in the new citizenship rules that the canadian parent can simply sponsor the child and apply for citizenship later... in that case,  i wonder why they refunded the sponsored dependent fee...

Here's what I found in the CIC site...

Can I obtain Canadian citizenship for my children born outside Canada after April 17, 2009, if they are not automatically Canadian citizens at birth? How?

You may sponsor your children to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents, if you and your children meet the normal requirements for sponsorship. After they become permanent residents, you can immediately apply for a grant of citizenship on your children’s behalf if they are under 18. (These children are not subject to the regular three-year residency requirement.) Children who follow this route must meet the usual requirements for immigration and citizenship.

If you live outside Canada and wish to sponsor your child, in most cases you must provide evidence that you will live in Canada once your child becomes a permanent resident. This could, for example, include a letter from an employer or proof of having rented or bought a home in Canada.

**It will probably be best for your husband to write/call CPC-M... maybe it would be good to send them a clarificatory email re this matter and then quote the above info they put in their website. you can also quote the new citizenship law from which the above info is taken because they are supposedly bound to implement that law. God bless and update us with the developments =)

Edited by angeli - 26 Sep 2010 at 6:54am
July 15- app received@CPC-M
Aug18-sponsorDM;
Sept3-MLA starts processing;
Sept7-ECAS InProcess
Sept17-AOR,PP request
Sept18-sentPP
Oct5-DECISION MADE.
Oct13-received ProofOfREL.
Oct19-VISA RECEIVED.
Berns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:52am
  @Angeli,

Thanks for that info. I might just ask my husband to send an email to Cpc-M.  God bless you too.. 

@ To all of us (STILL) waiting,

Let's just keep the faith.. Keep on praying..  It will come in His time..

Aug 3-Sent docs
Sept1 - Sponsor DM
Sept14 - In process
Sept24 - Drop PP&AOM to B4CEM
Sept28 - Req PolClr datedSep15
Nov23 - Addt'l docs sent
Jan17- DM(,")
Jan25-Visa rcvd
siteseer2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siteseer2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:22pm
Hello All,

Just thought I would drop in and say hello. My wife and I are also eagerly awaiting approval and I am following along with this forum.

Being new to this forum I am a little lost on the acronyms. is there a topic listing acronyms / definitions? AOM?

Thank you for your time,

Mark

Edited by siteseer2010 - 26 Sep 2010 at 7:20pm
Aug 5/10 CIC-M Application Received
Sept 3/10 Sponsorship Approved
Sept 14/10 In process - Manila
Sept 28/10 AOR with PPR & AOM request
Oct 3/10 Sent PP & AOM
Nov 9/10 DM :)
Nov 12/10 Visa received!
angeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:37pm
@Mark

I don't think there is, you just learn it as you go along... I will give you some that I know of though..

PPR-passport request
AOR-advisory of receipt
CEM-Canadian embassy manila
AOM-advisory of marriage
DM-decision made

Maybe the others can add some more. =)
July 15- app received@CPC-M
Aug18-sponsorDM;
Sept3-MLA starts processing;
Sept7-ECAS InProcess
Sept17-AOR,PP request
Sept18-sentPP
Oct5-DECISION MADE.
Oct13-received ProofOfREL.
Oct19-VISA RECEIVED.
siteseer2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siteseer2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:48pm
Thats great, thank you Angeli
Aug 5/10 CIC-M Application Received
Sept 3/10 Sponsorship Approved
Sept 14/10 In process - Manila
Sept 28/10 AOR with PPR & AOM request
Oct 3/10 Sent PP & AOM
Nov 9/10 DM :)
Nov 12/10 Visa received!
beans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:25pm
My husband just told me that Canadian Embassy Manila just called him to ask if he already send his passport as they haven't received any yet. Hubby told them that he sent it personally and put it in the drop box as what the security instructed him to do so on September 13th. So after like a minute or so... Canadian Embassy Manila called him again to tell that they have received his passport and on the final stage but they are still going to check if he needs additional documents or to go through an interview.

I just wondering now that his passport is in process... how long will it take them to call him for additional docs or interview?

July 19'10 - CIC Miss received app
Aug 19'10 - DM
Sept 2'10 - Manila started processing his PR
Sept 8'10 - PR requested
Sept 13'10 - PR sent
Oct 5'10 - DM
Oct 16'10 - Received Visa - Dated Sept 27'10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 769770771772773 904>
  Share Topic