Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manila,Philippines Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 904>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:44am

Wow, very improve new forum.Love it

To all who got their visa,
Congrats and God Bless.

Hope were next.
Live View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Live Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:25am
congrats to those who received their visas!Tongue
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:54pm
Hi all, I have a post for a member who's going through Philippines... I figured I might as well post it in here for all to reference.

Facts and figures 2008 – Immigration overview:
Permanent and temporary residents

Permanent residents

Canada – Permanent residents by source country

Number

Source countries

Philippines

"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
colossal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:19pm
I got a call tonight from Manila embassy informing they have sent out my wife's visa package on Nov. 24th but DHL can't find my wife's address (dumbass DHL driver).  They also called my wife and emailed her the DHL tracking# to coordinate pickup of the package.  Pretty good customer service on the part of Canadian Embassy, I'd say.  They just need to improve communicating the status of the whole process instead of just giving us cryptic 1 or 2 liners on eCAS, or applicants will always go crazy.  Me and my wife were starting to panic that up 'till now there's no word from them about the visa package.

Thank you Lord !

and to others still waiting I hope you get your DM's and visa soon...good luck !
CARWIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CARWIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:37pm
SORRY FOR ALL CAPS FORMAT I CANT READ THE PRINT OTHERWISE SO I WOULDNT KNOW WHAT I WROTE.  ANYWAY
CONGRATS TO ALL WHO HAVE RECIEVED THEIR PR
OUR TMELINE
jun 8 ,2009 >> i sent our application docs to CPC-M
july 13,2009 >> CPC-M look and approve our sponsorship application
july 17,2009 >> Received Sponsorship Approval Letter
july 27, 2009 We started processing MARIFE MATANGCAS MILTIMORE's application on July 27, 2009. yeahhhhhhhhh
aug 16 2009 she received aor and was asked for her passport and personal history last two years
aug 19 2009 recieved at embassy.requested materials.
sept 15 2009 approx. recieved letter from embassy asking for school records and voter id and registration
sept 22 2009 approx. embassy recieved requested materials.
nov  30 2009  email mp to ask to look into why our application is taking longer than 4 months in Manila since others sent same time have recieved their permanent resident visa
DEC 2 2009 MY MP'S OFFICE CALLED ME AND TOLD ME MANILA HAS EVERYTHING THEY NEED.  WHICH IS NEWS TO US MARIFE'S ECAS HAS ONLY SAID IN PROCESS FROM START ALSO MANILA SAID HER FILE IS UP FOR REVIEW DECEMBER 18 BUT I STILL COULD EXPECT AN INTERVIEW FOR HER BUT THEY ALSO TOLD MP'S OFFICE THAT HER MEDICAL FILES WERE THERE AND EVERYTHING WE SENT WAS ACCEPTABLE AND THEY NOW KNOW SHE IS WHO SHE SAYS SHE IS.

ANYWAY SHE DIDNT MAKE IT FOR MY BIRTHDAY NOVEBER 23 AS WE HAD HOPED AN NOW WILL NOT BE HERE FOR CHRISTMAS BUT I AM SURE SHE SHOULD BE HERE FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY, FEBRUARY 10.  GOD THIS WAITING IS KILLING US. 
     I SENT MY MP A BUNCH OF TIMELINES AND TOLD THEM THAT SOME ARE DONE IN LESS THAN 12 WEEKS INCLUDING SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL AND WE ARE AT 25 WEEKS NOW.  I WONDEREED WHY.  THEY HAD NO ANSWER I JUST THINK SOME WORKERS ARE MORE COMPASSIONATE THAN OTHERS, SOME WORK HARDER THAN OTHERS AND SOME TAKE MORE TIME OFF THAN OTHERS.  HAHA I THINK OURS IS INT THE LATTER IN ALL 3 CATEGORIES HAHAH.  I TOLD THE WE ALL BELONG TO THIS FORU AND THE ONE THING WE ALL FEEL IN COMMON IS THAT MORE COMUNICATION WOULD BE GREAT AND EMAILING US EVEN BETTER,
      I KNOW OUR FILE STILL SAYS ONLY IN PROCESS FROM THE BEGINNING AND WE HAD MEDICALS DONE IN MAY BEFORE WE APPLIED.  WE WERE WORRIED THEY GOT LOST BUT MP'S OFFICE SAY NO THEY HAVE THEM AND HAVE FOR A LONG TIME.  THE MP'S OFFICE WAS TOLD THAT MANILA HAS A TIMELINE OF 8 MONTHS BUT I SAID AS YOU CAN SEE BY THE TIMELINES I SENT YOU THAT THEY VARY AND WE SENT EVERYTHING THEY ASKED FOR IN CHECKLIST FROM THE BEGINNING.  SO SOME STANDARDIZATION WOULD ALSO BE APPRECIATED.
    SO CONGRATS AGAIN TO ALL HOPE OTHERS ARE ALSO UP FOR REVIEW SOON AND YOU WILL BE REUNITED WITH YOUR LOVED ONE AS SO MANY HAVE ALREADY.  I JUST HOPE MARIFE DOES NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL TO MANILA FOR AN INTERVIEW.
      I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE WITH MOTION SICKNESS LIKE HER.  IT BREAKS MY HEART TO SEE HER THAT SICK.  I SENT HER THAT ONE THAT IS LIKE A NICOTINE PATCH BUT GOES BEHIND THE EAR SO I HOPE IT WORKS FOR WHEN SHE COMES TO CANADA.
      BUT IF SHE HAS TO INTERVIEW I GUESS I WILL FIND OUT EARLY IF IT WORKS.  SHE IS 4 HOURS FRO DAVAO AND 1 1/2 HOUR PLANE FLIGHT TO MANILA SO I HOPE SHE ONLY HAS TO DO THAT ONCE AND NOT TWICE.
     TOO BAD FOR US WE WILL NOT BE TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS BUT I KNOW MANY OF YOU ARE SPENDING YOUR FIRST CHRISTMAS TOGETHER SO I HOPE YOU LUCKY ONES TELL US ALL ABOUT THAT FIRST ONE TOGETHER. 
TAKE CARE ALL AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL
AGAIN I APOLOGISE FOR ALL CAPS
SINCERELY
CARWIN

colossal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:30am
Hey Carwin, hang in there bud.  My timeline is only 2 weeks earlier than yours.  Manila started my wife's application July 14 and her visa got issued and sent out November 24th (It's just DHL fumbled their first attempt to deliver the visa package).   She's nervously waiting for the DHL guy at this moment as I type this.

My wife's application is not without complication and drama. We had to send additional info and police clearance from Dubai which delayed the processing at least 2 months.

Hopefully they squeak in your wife's visa next week and you both get an early Christmas gift.Smile

Cheers !
mitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:54am
Hi Carwin,

We, colossal ,you and I and other batch here for June & July are stiil in process.Some says that the embassy has its quota for the year and I think they hit it already that is why the process is slowing down, in additiion to that Holidays are coming,But  on the brighter side its always good to know that inspite of the holidays etc. the embassy is still doing their job to process  visa under spouse. Sometimes we have to give credit to this people.
Anyway, lets keep believing God that it will happen on His perfect time.
Thank God that there is a forum like this, it keeps  me thinkin' that I am not alone in this Journey.
When its time to get our visa, I'm tellin you man theres no looking back,all are excitement and mix emotions.

Dictfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dictfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:30am
Thanks spicegirl for your words of congratulations.I just recieved earlier my visa and Im very thankful and owe this everything to God for his merciful and love.Wishing you all those who haven't recieve their visas yet for a speedy release.God bless.
proudmommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:07pm
hi everyone! it seems that everything is upgrading now ( im talking about friendster too). id like to update my status. I already received the AOR last Wednesday. They requested for my addresses since 2004, personal history since 2004 ( these are already included in our application package. dunno why they asked it again ), original NSO documents (since my hubby sent just photocopies as per the instruction of the immigration officer in their area. he's still fuming about this ) and our passports. i already sent all of these yesterday. im hoping that they won't request other documents just like what happened to other forum members here. my countdown for our visa officially started yesterday. im always hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

cheers to all of us.
good luck!

r.ashley25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.ashley25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:31am

hello to spicegerl,this is ashley how are you ?did you get your visa nba?well if u ask me,im still waiting and my e-cas still in process.by the way tnx sa last reply u for me ha.hinahanp ko kau and2 lan pala kau .hehheheheLOLnawawala pala ako.joke.but i really miss you guyz

hello friends,this is me ashley.im back.always be happy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 904>
  Share Topic