Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manila,Philippines Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 904>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Whongsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whongsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manila,Philippines Timelines
    Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 2:11am
Hi to all! Especially to dorfus241

May itatanong lang po sana ako, ok lang po bang i-computerized ang mga fill-up forms na sine-send ng immigration thru e-mail? Kasi po naisip ko, mas formal tignan kung naka-computerized instead of hand-written format. Wala po ba kayang kaso yun sa immigration or I must follow na lang the instruction???

Thanks Po!!!
kikay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 11:40am
hi dear under what category apply mo? congrats u got ur visa and cpr already.. im still waiting for my visa.. done my medical last august 15, and passport was sent last sept. 2.. sponsored by my husband, we sent our application last october 19, 2012.. been waiting for almost 11 months.. hay! :(
kiks03
dorfus241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorfus241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
Thanks God!! Finally got my visa and CPR Smile

Below is my timeline:

December 28, 2011 - Documents sent to CIC Manila Office
February 21, 2012 - AOR Received
March 1, 2012 - MR received CIC office requesting me to take our Medical Exam
March 2012 - Did medical
April 2012 - needed additional medical tests
September 2012 - Received medical results
October 2012 - Paid RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence fees)
October 2012 - Submitted additional proof of common-law relationship
December 21, 2012 - Visa Office not satisfied with documents send and requested for a face to face interview with a Visa Officer
January 2013 - Interview with Visa Officer
February 2013 - Visa Office called and told me that my visa is approved but I need to leave before March 12,2013. I requested for a medical extension
May 2013 - Medical re-evaluation request and did it on the same month
July 15, 2013 - Passport Request

August 9, 2013 - RECEIVED VISA and CONFIRMATION of PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Planning to fly this October! So happy and scared.. mixed feelings... lol
dorfus241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorfus241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 8:44am

Hi cecile22! They will send you an email or letter stating what needs to be submitted as additional proof... If CIC contacts your husband, then remind him to regularly check his email (including SPAM folder before clearing it out) and also his snail mail... Now Manila CIC is processing it, the slow part there is the background check. Just keep your hopes up and be patient.. This is my problem too, I really want to leave now and can't wait for additional updates to arrive from them but there's no way to get a follow up because it will just prolong our application... Just start preparing for any additional documentations. Does your husband want to file adaption papers (just in case) in advance? So that at least if they will ask, you can submit it at once.. Or maybe but not sure if an affidavit of acknowledgement is okay.

dorfus241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorfus241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 8:38am
Hi Folks, if you'll visit the main cic website tapos select the application timeline page.. makikita niyo na may alert notification... naka on strike yung isang group that process applications...

====================================================================

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

=====================================================================

Let's all hope and pray na sana matapos na yung strike and back to business as usual... I've submitted my medical re-assessment last May 19 to them and up to now wala pa ako word regarding passport request which is supposed to be the next step and usually after a month nagkakaroon ng feedback agad... Ngayon lang delayed only to find out about this strike..
cecile22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cecile22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 2:39am
good day.
my husband sponsored me and my child (not his) for canada on may 2012.
on July 27, 2012 we we're asked to submit the medical report.
on August 9, 2012 my husband received an email that he was eligible to sponsor and that our application was forwarded in manila.
on January 28, 2013 manila started processing the application (took 5 months after to process the papers?)
until now,,, it's still in process (e-cas status).

i heard from a friend that i should have submitted a document/affidavit that the biological father is willing to have his child go to canada. what if my son is already considered as an abandoned child because his biological father haven't communicated with us for 13 years?
is it has something to do with my son's application for him not being my husband's own child?
is there anyone has this case like mine? please share your experience. 

thanks.
Irisgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irisgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 11:59am
Hi there!  I came to find this forum while searching for answers as to how long it takes to process my 2 y/o's PR via sponsorship by her father.  I am here in the philippines with her while waiting for her visa to come.  I am a PR card holder.  Landed with my husband in canada in september of 2010.  Went back to UAE to finish my husbands contract.  Got pregnant while on vacation in the philippines and was not allowed to travel since my pregnancy was high risk and since we have waited for this miracle for 8 years we couldn't take the risk.  Cut the long story short i delivered here in the philippines making it hard for us to bring our daughter with us.  Can anybody give me an idea how long it takes to process her pr????... I need to go back to canada before sept and i just don't have the heart to leave her here.

Here is my timeline:
Dec 4, 2012 : application for sponsorship and PR received by Mississauga ofc
Jan 14, 2013 : sponsorship approved and application for PR forwarded to manila ofc
                  : medical results received

Up to now the status is : application received!!!

Can anybody give me some light on this?!   Tooo stressed waiting! :( 
ivy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:34pm
Hi everyone!

Is there anyone here who can help me answer my friend's questions... She is a Filipina living in the Philippines who is giving birth this May; her and her husband have been planning to apply for the spouse visa, but since the baby will be born next month, they are wondering if they can include the baby in the PR application when the baby is born. 

The baby will be born Canadian too, as he/she has a Canadian father. They can apply for a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship for the baby in the Philippines but they figured that the process will be too lengthy (up to 14 months) and they can't wait that long.

So what they would like to do now, is get a Philippine passport for the baby (which is a lot quicker than acquiring for proof of Canadian citizenship and Canadian passport), and include the baby in the mother's spouse/PR application. And when the baby is here in Canada, only then will they apply for the Canadian citizenship. 

The problem is, she isn't sure if they are allowed to choose this option, and whether or not it is mandatory that they apply for the proof of Canadian citizenship in the Philippines since the baby will be born there. Or can they apply for that when the baby is in Canada?

They have been doing a lot of research online but so far hasn't found any accurate information yet. Please, anyone who has gone through or is going through this same situation like hers, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

While being imperfect, we are perfectly made for God's beautiful purpose in our lives. *smiles*
cris8298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cris8298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 3:46am
Hello po, share ko lng po yung timeline ko...Smile

Category: FAM
Visa Office: Manila
Application Received CPC-M: July 3, 2012
Sponsor Approval: October 19, 2012
File Transfer: October 26, 2012
Med's Done: April 16, 2012
Passport Request: April 2, 2013
Passport Sent: April 12, 2013
Visa Issued: Waiting....ConfusedUnhappy

Emily77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:00pm
Hi there just have a question if anyone face this problem.
On the 24 of February I looked on-line services for the sponsorship application and it says that:
Medical results have been received
A decision has been made on my application and that the office will contact me concerning this decision.
On March 5 my lawyer got an e-mail from the Canadian Embassy in Ukraine that the mail was send to him to Canada by regular mail.
It is been already like a 1 month and my lawyer still haven't got any mail by regular post. We send them e-mails to ask why we still didin't got any letter with a decision made...but they just don't respond.
Don't know what to do....perhaps letter just go lost in a mail...any nobody gives us any answers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 904>
  Share Topic