Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship Calculator and travel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship Calculator and travel
    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 10:02pm
I Immigrated to canada as a PR in June 2011, and have lived here since. I was on work permits from 2002 till 2011 before that, most of my time has been spent in Canada with a couple of visits to my home country (Norway) early on, but nothing since 2008. Other than that I have traveled a few trips to the US each year, some for work of up to 3 weeks, but mostly 2, 3, 4, 5 day trips to visit, and buy stuff...

The calculator as it is today says there are 1827 possible days, and I have 54 days absent giving a total of 1773 days of total physical presence. Even IF I messed up, I have paystubs, and T4's and NOA etc being continuously employed since PR, and even though 3 separate companies, I'm in the same industry still.

Anyway, the immigration form asks for precise records, but this is almost impossible to have? I have done my best using bank statements and Facebook to ensure I haven't missed anything, but there may be gaps of a couple of days. How much of a trigger will this be for a possible RQ and delay?

I suppose it does not really matter, as my wife is Canadian and I have lived with her since before PR. I have no plans to leave Canada for other than short trips, I'm just planning and hoping to make my application as painless as possible.

I do also understand that they will petition CBSA for my records, but that will only show my entries, not my departures, and the US only shows departures if you don't have a valid I94.

To reiterate the actual question, should I worry about an RQ if I send my application with possible missing 1 or 2 2 day trips to the US?

Regards
H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic