Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wondering if anyone has any insight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwrowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wondering if anyone has any insight?
    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
Hi there,

2 years ago i applied for a open work permit, and i realized i didn't remove medical conditions meaning i was working in a field i wasn't allowed to (with kids) when i had been, i immediately applied for a new work permit to remove these conditions but i'm now very sure i incorrectly ticked a box 'no' to the any previous unauthorized work question when i definitely should have ticked 'yes' (Due to me at the time believing unauthorized work was defined as working solely without a work permit of any kind). I understand this has huge potential consequences so i messaged IRCC via webform to alter my answer and they stated they couldn't change anything due to the application being processed.

My common-law partner is now looking to sponsor me for PR next month.

I was wanting to know what you guys thought my next steps should be.

Should i include a letter of explanation in the PR application? Should i also include proof of my attempts to recorrect the mistake? Or will they even care as the visa i'm applying for has requirements that aren't anything to do with previous work experience?

Thankyou for your advise - I understand that the result of this application will have huge consequences on my life so trying to give me the best chance possible!

Edited by mwrowell - 20 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic