Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Retaining PR status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chencho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retaining PR status
    Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 12:48pm
Hi everyone! Could somebody tell me where I can find information regarding the rules or norms to keep PR status if I have to go in and out of Canada?? This is of extreme importance for me since I can't stay permanently in Canada and I'm forced to leave and come back every now and then due to family affairs.

Thank you very much in advance!!

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 1:07pm
Everything is on CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp#keep_status
chencho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chencho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 2:09pm
Thank you very much for your info! I do have further questions regarding this subject:

1. Must I live the obligatory 730 days in Canada IN A ROW? Or can they be added or accounted for?
2. If I've been living in Canada for, say 100 days, and have to leave the country and come back, is my day-count reset or can they be acknowledged?

Thank you very much.

IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 9:00pm
730 days total within the applicable 5 year period
They don't have to be in a row

Originally posted by chencho chencho wrote:

Thank you very much for your info! I do have further questions regarding this subject:

1. Must I live the obligatory 730 days in Canada IN A ROW? Or can they be added or accounted for?
2. If I've been living in Canada for, say 100 days, and have to leave the country and come back, is my day-count reset or can they be acknowledged?

Thank you very much.

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic