Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing jobs while in WP inside Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 10:08am
Originally posted by fedone fedone wrote:

tks again jgk. And thanks for finding the time to answer.
I have worked in the airline industry for many years, my noc profession is listed in the federal skilled worker program. I sent the application as a permanent immigrant but cap was unfortunately already reached.
From most of the job seeker internet sites, it seems that in GTA a lot of companies are looking for skilled employees with same NOC of mine. I could enter and work in Canada for six months but If i want to stay i have to find an employer able to ask for a LMO.
My work experiences can be proven with reference letters and company performances evaluation sheets, but i am still not sure to find a job.
What do you think from your experience? I have 0% chances to succeed?

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Whether ther are vacancies out there is immaterial, if the HRSDC don't recognize the profession as one where there is a recognized skills shortage an LMO will be difficult ot come by.

With the cap reached the FSW route is not open to you until next july with no guarantee your occupation will still be be on the list next June.

From your posts, it is not clear whether you have an active job offer or are planning to give up your job, move to Toronto and look for work, LMO and new TWP. You would be advised to hold tight until your prospective new employer has a +ve LMO and you have the new TWP before leaving your current job.
Set out to leave the first vapour trail in the blue-sky scenario.
fedone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 1:01pm
fedone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 1:05pm
atm I have a job, not in Canada of course.
I could apply for an open work permit through the working-holidays program.
It seems that having an open work permit would allow me to find a job in Canada but having a new TWP within canada would not be that simple. I was just trying to understand how many chances I would have if i would come to Canada.
Tks for all the information your are giving me. All of them are very appreciated.
hrcanada1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrcanada1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 7:54am
Well done and good luck with your very great work.
Dale46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 5:29pm
I don't think that you will need to apply for a new work permit.  If I were you, I would look for a job working for a moving companies toronto. I hear the field is expanding and you might be able to get something where you are able to see the country.  Best of luck figuring out all of your paperwork!

Edited by Dale46 - 20 Nov 2011 at 4:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic