Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peru timelines and immigration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniemezones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 2:02pm
yes that is what CIC has on their website as the current timeline. However, the consulate when emailing them says UP to 12 months. I'm not saying that we are over the time line, I just wish the process would be a little easier, specially where there was no news for 9 months. They also have not yet updated their timeline up to the last quarter so the 16 months may not be completely accurate.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 7:15pm
Hi

Originally posted by melaniemezones melaniemezones wrote:

yes that is what CIC has on their website as the current timeline. However, the consulate when emailing them says UP to 12 months. I'm not saying that we are over the time line, I just wish the process would be a little easier, specially where there was no news for 9 months. They also have not yet updated their timeline up to the last quarter so the 16 months may not be completely accurate.

You can look at the actual timings from Lima at http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3 from April/12 to Mar/13

20 %     30 %     50 %     70 %     80%

5     7     10     12     15 Months.
PMM
wayneandcarolina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneandcarolina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:39am
yes. we did go through the same situation.
now knowing that your file is there... you guys should apply for the tourist visa.
that will help out a little bit. because they will take a look on your app. 
i applied for the tourist visa couple of times but the first one didn't work out cause the application wasn't there yet.

melaniemezones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniemezones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 7:04am
So the tourist visa helped them to look at the PR file faster or were you guys given the tourist visa instead? My husband and I discussed this but he was concerned that if he was given the tourist visa first there might be some back and forth back to Lima if we had to redo some of the paper work that expired on his PR application, which is money that we don't have. So just to make sure I understand correctly, you filed the tourist visa application while waiting for the PR application and it helped moved things along with the PR application?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniemezones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 11:46am
Also just another question because I started filing the application for the visitor visa but they are asking now for police certificates and medical exams again. Would you suggest that we re-do these for the purpose of this application or should we just formally advise them that these were in fact already done and are included in the PR application file?
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 12:41pm
We also applied for a tourist visa once the application for the PR was in. Wait for it to be in the hands of the embassy for about a month and then send it in.This will ensure that they have it and that it is available to be seen by their workers. There is no extra back and forth with the embassy because of the tourist visa application, but when you make the application for the tourist visa you should make sure that you indicate on it that you have a PR application in process.

The logic behind it works like this: The embassy worker cna have a look at and screen and then approve/disapprove your tourist visa application, and then they can come back later and do the same with your PR application, or, if the sun catches them in the right light, they might just decide that it's easier to just do the one application and process your PR instead. That's what happened with us. We applied for the tourist visa and instead got the PR, rather than a response on the TV. Of course, there's no guarantees in any of this, and there may be some luck involved in who gets the application, but it worked for us and has apparently worked for several others as well.
Landed in Canada June 24, 2010
Citizen app rcvd Sept 17,2013
in process Nov. 25, 2013
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 12:43pm
Oh, and no timelines should be taken seriously at this point, given the strike actions being taken by CIC staff. Everything is being held up right now, from TV applications right up to Citizenship applications. There's no telling how big the delays might be.
Landed in Canada June 24, 2010
Citizen app rcvd Sept 17,2013
in process Nov. 25, 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniemezones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:17am
Omg you guys are awesome!!! We got the refusal letter today for the Visitor Visa and just as I was going to post a question here about how long it took to hear back from the embassy on the PR application I got an email from them asking for paperwork!! So they finally started working on it!! Wish us luck.
Faisal123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 10:30am

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your / your spouse’s file is in a queue to be scheduled for an interview. You will receive notification by mail advising you of the date and time of the interview well in advance of the interview date.

In the meantime, if there is any change in your address or in your family composition, inform us as soon as possible (see fax number and address below).

Note that applications in each category are processed on a first-in first-out basis. Please do not request an early interview as this is not possible.

At this time, you are not requested to provide any additional documents. If any further information or documents are required, you will be notified. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

Immigration Section  wot they want know pls tell me friends 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaniemezones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 11:12pm
Did any of you or your spouses have to go for an interview? My husband has one scheduled for Monday October 28th and all that he was asked to bring to the interview is a photo ID, nothing else. We are so nervous for Monday. We've been studying up on all sorts of questions that people have posted online from their own experience but its hard to tell what they will ask. Any suggestions or advice that you guys may have would be really great!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic