Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question about seniors interview with CIC office
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question about seniors interview with CIC office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote praveen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question about seniors interview with CIC office
    Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:53pm
My uncle and aunt received their invitation to appear for Citizenship interview. They both are over 55 years so their citizenship test is waived.

My aunt is not fluent in English and she is feeling a kind of fear that will CIC office ask her lots of questions? What kind of question will they ask? Will they issue RQ to a seniors ? etc etc.

I request fellow brothers and sisters to please share your knowledge, experience that how CIC deal with such seniors in interview.

Thanks,

Praveen

GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 5:05am
For what I could see at my test, the couple of people older then 54 had an interview similar to everyone else, so only difference was they didn't take the test. I don't know how strict is CIC about the language knowledge, but that has nothing to do with RQ. RQ is issued if there is a problem with the residency condition, not the language. And, in my opinion, the fact that a person does not speak the language does not mean that was not living in Canada, specially if we are talking about older people.

G.
karloss_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karloss_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:20am
@Praveen..could you please update us..My parents are over 55 and I am curious to know the process. Was the interview and the oath at the same date? if not how long apart? What kind of questions / verification did they make?

k.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic