Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Normal time to get oath letter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amer.j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Normal time to get oath letter
    Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 7:52pm
Hello friends,

I am wondering to know normally how long after the test we could expect to get oath letter? could you please share your time line?

Thank you
Bohlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 8:24pm
I guess the real question is : When are going to give up asking the same questions again and again and again?

Originally posted by amer.j amer.j wrote:

Hello friends,

I am wondering to know normally how long after the test we could expect to get oath letter? could you please share your time line?

Thank you
Bohlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 8:29pm
In a hope to stop you flooding the forum again here is the answer: Average is 2 to 4 months.

Application processing times: grant of citizenship

The table below shows the time required to process Canadian citizenship applications based on a complete application package. Processing times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between April 1, 2009, and March 31, 2010. Please note that the times may vary slightly.

Current approximate processing time for a routine application: 15-19 months

The process is divided into four (4) steps:

Step Processing Time

Step 1: Application received and entered into CIC systems

If your application meets the minimum processing requirements, you will receive an acknowledgment letter. If not, your application will be returned to you.

6 months

Status available online
(once you receive your acknowledgment letter)

Step 2: Initial review of your application

We will notify you by mail if additional information or documents are required.

9 months

Status available online

Step 3: Detailed review of your application

We will notify you by mail if additional information or documents are required.

We will notify you by mail when to come to the CIC office to write the citizenship test or to have your documents verified.

If your application is complete, CIC will arrange for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application.

13 to 17 months

Status available online

Step 4: Decision

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, we will notify you by mail of the time and place of your citizenship ceremony. If you do not meet the requirements, we will inform you in writing.

15 to 19 months

Status available online

Note: If you live inside Canada and need more information, please contact the Call Centre. However, please note that Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case.

Read additional information on how we process your application for Canadian citizenship.

Find out more about becoming a Canadian citizen and the requirements for citizenship.

What is a routine application?

An application is considered routine if:

• we receive all the necessary documents and the correct fees;
  • you meet the residence requirement;
  • you are not subject to any immigration, security or criminal prohibitions;
  • you pass the knowledge of Canada test (citizenship test); and
  • you do not need a hearing with a citizenship judge.

Processing times may vary. For more information, see reasons why your application for Canadian citizenship may be delayed.

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 8:49pm
Amer.j,

Whatever and however many questions you have, ask them in THIS thread please. Do not open multiple threads.
If you keep doing this people will stop responding to your posts.

amer.j View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amer.j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

Amer.j,

Whatever and however many questions you have, ask them in THIS thread please. Do not open multiple threads.

Dear Canvis,

I do apologize, 

By the way, one of my new question is missing, I asked about the difference between E-case and CIC call center. Could you please let me know what information CIC call center access and we could expect they give us more information compared with E-case?

Thank you
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 9:11pm
Check the links for details (read them carefully):

CIC Call Centre:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp#callcentre

eCAS:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Bohlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 9:31pm
Yes Canvis that's the point. How the forum will look like if everyone asks the same questions again and again and wants express service by launching new threads?
I run a search on his posts before answering the one on this thread, the result was not encouraging me to answer. I had to tell him that we want to help but not under any ways.

Amer.j,

amer.j View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amer.j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 1:19pm
Friends,

I could not find the difference between E-case information and CIC call center?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 1:24pm
eCAS just shows you case status and whether they sent you something.

Call Centre, you can speak to an agent(human being).

Isn't that a "difference"?

just be patient and chill for a while.
amer.j View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amer.j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 2:45pm

eCAS just shows you case status and whether they sent you something.

Call Centre, you can speak to an agent(human being).

Isn't that a "difference"?

just be patient and chill for a while.

Hi,

Dear Canvis, I am wondering to know do CIC call center members have access to more information than e-case?

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic