Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jobs In Construction market in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faisal_tts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:47am
i need to discuss with you something about canada
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by faisal_tts faisal_tts wrote:

i need to discuss with you something about canada
Go aheadSmile
"Canada, where good people live"
faisal_tts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faisal_tts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:28am
i want to apply for canada immigration, i am 3 years diploma in civil engineering (1997) & 2 Year B-Tech degree (2007) in the same field. Total experience after diploma is 14 years & after graduation it is 2 years. my experience is in Housing/Industrial Construction in Pakistan, UAE & Saudi Arabia.
what is the job situation in canada for me. how much i can earn in the start when i will reach in canda (can i earn 2500 Cad. $ minimum)which type of job i can find easily i mean at which i can work.
is it easy to find job in construction field, somebody told that i must revise my education there otherwise its impossible to get related job in construction field.

how much is living+food cost for a single person per month.
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 1:57am
Originally posted by faisal_tts faisal_tts wrote:

i want to apply for canada immigration, i am 3 years diploma in civil engineering (1997) & 2 Year B-Tech degree (2007) in the same field. Total experience after diploma is 14 years & after graduation it is 2 years. my experience is in Housing/Industrial Construction in Pakistan, UAE & Saudi Arabia.
what is the job situation in canada for me. how much i can earn in the start when i will reach in canda (can i earn 2500 Cad. $ minimum)which type of job i can find easily i mean at which i can work.
is it easy to find job in construction field, somebody told that i must revise my education there otherwise its impossible to get related job in construction field.

how much is living+food cost for a single person per month.

Hi faisal_tts,

As you have  5 years of post-secondary education, and 14 years of experience in this field (i'm not sure how you came up with this calculation, as you graduated in 1997 and have 14 years total after dpl graduation, will be in 2011 !!! please correct this experience time), you will be awarded full points in experience factor and at least 80% in Education factor.

To answer your 2nd question:
Construction jobs in Canada are in demand, and the wage rate is pretty high comparing to other Engineering Technology fields. As you have an Eng. Dpl, Plus a B.Tech. you will be designated as either Civil engineering Technologist or Techinician, based on your assesment results by any association of engineering technologist/tecnicians in any Canadian province.

If you want to practice in this field (design, manage or assist/ manage any project, quality control,
or any other related scope in this field) you should have your qualifications recognized.
In Canada, the Building codes are very diferent from Pakistan or any Gulg Area, based on the high tem diference and the energy management implementation mandated by Environment Canada authority, in brief, you will at least have to undergo some stages before being permitted to practice, some of those courses are: Building Codes, Fire Codes, Electrical Codes, etc..

They are not that extensive courses, but you will have to take such courses or challenge them.
You have another choice, while you are upgrading, you may work in the construction field as a worker or assisstant technologist untill you get your practice permit within your scope.

Living costs depend on where you gona live, however, a single person can live with 2000$/month easy, and you can make more than that even if you not qualified to practice as Engineering Technologist ye, after certification/permission, you can make btw 3500-5000$ a month (based on the ASET Salary survey in Alberta).

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions

Good Luck
"Canada, where good people live"
fhornberger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhornberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:51am
Function: To assist the project manager or project executive, either in the office or at the job site, in all aspects of the project. Responsibilities: Track documentation such as RFIs, Review and track submittals, Negotiate and process change orders, Schedule, Review design and shop drawings to assess effect on cost and construction feasibility, Perform minor estimates, Coordinate subcontractors in the field. Requirements: Bachelors degree in Construction Management or a related field is preferred, Good computer skills, Excellent communication skills.

Frederick Hornberger

CEO of Hornberger Management Company, senior construction recruiter for executives regarding construction jobs, and construction resumes.

http://www.hmc.com

http://www.constructionexecutive.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic