Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work permit extension. Live-in caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 11:28pm
So, there you have it, Madeira. You should get yours soon, then. I understand now about your WP. You would still be covered. It's what CIC calls "implied status" (which is being allowed to work for the same employer even if your WP expired). In my opinion, it IS better to have a renewed WP, you get to still pay for your medical insurance, and drive if you have a driver's license ( I miss that :-() but hopefully, soon, I'll get my OWP. Let us know how things are going with you, ok?
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:56pm
Hi Carmenuta,
 how is it going?

I've got good news - I received my WP in the mail today.
(application received Nov 12, 2009 ---- WP issued Jan 18 2010)

Now I can relax for a bit and start my PR thing. So I guess I'll join your thread soon. But I have a question already :) Do you have to submit your paystabs (statement of earnings) when applying for PR ? I don't get paystabs. I read somewhere ( I think it was the old forum) that T4s, Option C printout and letter from the employer could be enough. I don't get paystabs. Any info would help.

Thanks

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Madeira Madeira wrote:

Hi Carmenuta, how is it going? I've got good news - I received my WP in the mail today.(application received Nov 12, 2009 ---- WP issued Jan 18 2010)Now I can relax for a bit and start my PR thing. So I guess I'll join your thread soon. But I have a question already :) Do you have to submit your paystabs (statement of earnings) when applying for PR ? I don't get paystabs. I read somewhere ( I think it was the old forum) that T4s, Option C printout and letter from the employer could be enough. I don't get paystabs. Any info would help.Thanks

Congratulations Madeira
Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:34pm
Thank you job_seeker.

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:45pm
Yayyy

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:46pm
Yes, please do join our thread! And I'm impressed with CIC and how quickly they're doing their jobs. That's wonderful that you got your WP!

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:49pm
Hm. I know some employers don't give out pay stubs, unfortunately (because it IS their job), but you do get a check every month and you pay your own taxes, I assume, or does your employer pay your taxes? Your T4 slips, and option C print out would be enough, but I would double check with CIC. Also, if you have a reasonable employer, you could ask them for pay stubs, and see what they have to say about that.

The list does say you should include your pay stubs, so... I think it's best that you have them. Let me know, ok?

scofield023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scofield023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Madeira Madeira wrote:

Hi Carmenuta,
 how is it going?

I've got good news - I received my WP in the mail today.
(application received Nov 12, 2009 ---- WP issued Jan 18 2010)

Now I can relax for a bit and start my PR thing. So I guess I'll join your thread soon. But I have a question already :) Do you have to submit your paystabs (statement of earnings) when applying for PR ? I don't get paystabs. I read somewhere ( I think it was the old forum) that T4s, Option C printout and letter from the employer could be enough. I don't get paystabs. Any info would help.

Thanks

hi!

in my case, i didnt submit any pay stubs.  I mailed them my T4 slips, Option C printout and monthly papers which my employer prints online when she's paying my taxes.

have a nice day!
Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 12:03am
 Thanks a lot scofield023!
What a relief! I was thinking to send those monthly tax papers too.

Have a nice weekend.
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 12:25am
Those ARE your pay stubs. You get a paid a pay stub every month, so that's what you sent. They are exactly what my employer gave to me. Madeira, you'd be better off asking CIC about it. They won't give you a hard time but you want to make sure. People's "opinions" are not reliable. So, do the SURE thing and inform yourself straight from the source. We can tell you this and that, our opinion but it's better to have everything covered. Most people's applications are rejected because the people are not informed properly.

Don't worry, all will be fine... you've got tones of time! By the way, where are you from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic