Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Withdrawn application....what should I do please
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Withdrawn application....what should I do please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamwari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Withdrawn application....what should I do please
    Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 11:49pm

I was landed on December 2, 2010 through the H&C.   CIC excluded my Son's name who is overseas on my confirmation of permanent residence document.  They only put his file number and stated him as non-accompanying dependant then had me sign the document.   I had listed him as an accompanying dependant on all the application forms.  I did not realize this mistake at the time of landing. This document has now been used to withdraw his application.  

I have not seen my son for over 8years.  This is devastating to my entire family.  My other two children who are here in Canada with me, have been preparing to meet and live with their brother.  CIC have advised that the only way my son can join us is to begin a sponsorship application which takes 2years or more.  I am afraid that my child will be no more if he continues to live under the current conditions. 

I will be grateful for any advice/referral at this difficult moment.

audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 1:04pm
since you signed the document, I think your only choice is to start a sponsorship on him.

Hopefully it will not take as long since it's a dependent child application
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 3:15pm
I agree - not sure what the circumstances were surrounding you having to sign him off as non-accompanying.  That doesn't make sense to me.  If you designated him as accompanying on your application, he should have been assessed and his visa issued with yours.  There has to be more to this story - like maybe he was not going to be able to travel to Canada to "land" before the expiry of the visa??  Again, if he was designated as "accompanying", he should have been able to "land" on his own, as long as your landing was already secured . . . unless you waited until the last minute to land yourself and there was no time left for him. 

Whatever the reason - it appears your only option now is to start all over again with a new application to sponsor him.  As long as he underwent examination (medical and criminal [if he was over 18 years of age]) during the original processing, and he's still under the age of 22 and not married or common-law (or, if older than 22, has been continuously enrolled in school since before turning 22) he'd still be eligible to be sponsored.  Important that you get his application locked in while he's still eligible.

If you tell us what country your son is from, it will be easier to give you an estimate of how long it will take for you to sponsor him for permanent status.  Unfortunately, CIC recently changed the format of their online processing timelines and they no longer show a separate list for dependent child sponsorships.  The timelines are long for processing adopted children, orphans and other family members (which I don't think is where they include biological "dependents" of landed PRs).  They note processing timelines for spouse, common-law and dependent children all lumped together, as they did before, but that always applied previously to dependents of spousal or common-law applicants processed on the same application.  So I'm not sure now how long it will take, but it would be a huge shift from previous dependent child timelines for most of the offices if it actually takes in excess of 2 years, as is indicated by the adoption timelines.  In addition, the application package that coincides with the "adoption timelines" is a different package from the one used to sponsor dependent children.  I would go with the spousal/common-law/dependent child timelines - I think they're closer to reality.  

Edited by RobsLuv - 13 Dec 2010 at 3:16pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
kamwari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamwari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:28pm
Thanks Rob for your input.  I will begin the sponsorship again when I get feedback from my Member of Parliament.  My son is 11yrs.  The saddest part of it is we have been separated for over 8yrs.  Just when we were going to be reunited and make up for this long lost time.....then this happens!!  I only wish that CIC can reverse this decision and my son can come over immediately.

I am from Kenya.  This is my biological son.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic