Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Business / Investor Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New immigrants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New immigrants
    Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 4:59pm
What can we do to help new immigrant find a job?
Many of the new immigrants are asking the same questions, they all share the same difficulties when they arrive to Canada.
Very hard to rent an apartment, to find a job and to obtain a driver license it takes months which makes their life very hard.
And that’s not all if we add the health insurance and as we all know their health card will be activated 90 days after they arrive to Canada.
I remember it was not easy for me and my family.
Liza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 1:15am
I met many new immigrants during the past few days, they all complained about not being able to find a job or the right job. Most of them have been looking for a job for over 6 months without any luck. Can anyone suggest or try to suggest something to help them?

Edited by Liza - 17 Dec 2010 at 1:16am
Job Coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Job Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 3:43pm

Applying for jobs in a new country means learning the business rules and etiquette of the country.  www.careego.com  is a site bya  Canadian Human Resource Company that specializes in career management.  It will provide you with all the necessary information on how to successfully job search in Canada.

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 9:45pm
Hi Liza,

Obtaining a job in Canada is a process and one needs to remain patient and consistent. I know it can be very discouraging, especially in the beginning and in this economy. However, there are many avenues to look at when searching for jobs.

I put together a web page resource specifically which is focused in helping new immigrants find jobs in the GTA. There is a job search and interview preparation guide as well. You can access this web page by Clicking Here.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Take care,
AJ
unclesam112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclesam112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 3:22am
An Employment Authorization Document is issued and it is required as proof that a work visa holder has the legal right to work in the canada.
Alvasin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 1:06pm

Venezuelan engineer builds new life for family in Alberta

Professional job opportunities, high security standards, and a society with solid values are three things Stanley Manjarres and his family enjoy most about living in Alberta. Stanley chose to come to Calgary in August 2007 while his wife, Ghislaine, and their three daughters remained in Venezuela. A year later, when Stanley had secured full-time employment in Calgary and was ready for them to make the move, Ghislaine and two of their daughters joined him. Their eldest daughter, Pamela, chose to stay in Venezuela where she is studying electrical engineering.

Before moving to Canada, Stanley encourages others to research the job market and the training programs that are available to newcomers. He also stresses the importance of family support. “For me, it was important to come to Alberta on my own and prepare for my family to join me. It was lonely to be without them during that time, but it helped that I met many amazing people, including many newcomers like me,” he said. “Having a supportive family is essential when making such a big move. Our transition has been successful in large part because of the support of my wife and my daughters. Their support and their happiness mean everything to me.”

Before moving to Canada, Stanley encourages others to research the job market and the training programs that are available to newcomers. He also stresses the importance of family support. “For me, it was important to come to Alberta on my own and prepare for my family to join me. It was lonely to be without them during that time, but it helped that I met many amazing people, including many newcomers like me,” he said. “Having a supportive family is essential when making such a big move. Our transition has been successful in large part because of the support of my wife and my daughters. Their support and their happiness mean everything to me.”

mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 1:17am
Good discussion & thanks for   www.careego.com  this site.
liomath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liomath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 8:38pm
you are better off to check CIC website
Felix07Richerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felix07Richerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 8:58am
yes of course I can understand your problem specially we are in trouble with family that time always bad for us, hoping that could be solve soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadar456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Alvasin Alvasin wrote:

Venezuelan engineer builds new life for family in Alberta

Professional job opportunities, high security standards, and a society with solid values are three things Stanley Manjarres and his family enjoy most about living in Alberta. Stanley chose to come to Calgary in August 2007 while his wife, Ghislaine, and their three daughters remained in Venezuela. A year later, when Stanley had secured full-time employment in Calgary and was ready for them to make the move, Ghislaine and two of their daughters joined him. Their eldest daughter, Pamela, chose to stay in Venezuela where she is studying electrical engineering.

A successful story which everyone will not have. Your family gives you  confidence  when  hard times comes. Workers working hard In abroad without having the family around them will desperately feel the Importance of a family. Due to the Immigration rules & visa issues ,can`t bring their family near them.

If you have any issues about visa, Immigration & travel please visit our website. Feel free to ask your problems.

Edited by sadar456 - 14 Jul 2011 at 8:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic