Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Developments following Medical examinations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chi4aj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Developments following Medical examinations
    Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 8:15am
Hello everyone,
Good day. Please could you offer your advices on my specific situation.
Our application has currently reached 'Medicals' stage. We received the letter requesting us to do our medicals in Aug 2010. We presented ourselves for the examinations in September. At the time my wife was about 15 weeks pregnant and we did all the examinations except of course the chest xray (with a note confirming her pregnancy and the Expected date of Delivery).

Soon afterwards we received a letter requesting that the xray results be submitted on or before 60 days following her EDD, supposedly March  next year. Unfortunately we lost the baby, about 7 weeks after.  We have now had the xray done and the reports sent back to the Canadian High Commission. In this current report I am not aware that the doctor specifically explained why the xray had been done earlier (instead of March next year as scheduled). 

My question is " Are we supposed to formally write the High Commission offering the explanations or do we just wait, expecting the process should just go on, given that the medical examinations are now completed?'.

And does anyone have any ideas as to how issues like this would usually progress. We appear to have quite a lot of time before the 1yr anniversary of the medical examinations. But I just want to confirm that we're doing the right things each time.

Thank you so much for your time.

Expecting to hear from you.

Cheers.

Edited by chi4aj - 07 Dec 2010 at 8:18am
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 5:11pm
So sorry for your loss.

Did your wife receive a receipt of some sort from the xray lab?  If so - even under "normal" circumstances - that needs to be forwarded to the processing office so that they know she completed that part of the medical.  Like the medical results, the xrays are not sent directly to the processing office - they're sent to the Regional Medical Centre that services that particular area, and the processing officer requests the results when they are made aware that the exam has been completed.  Until they hear from you, they don't know to ask the RMC for the results.  

Because they were not expecting her to undergo xray examination until March, I would include a cover letter with the proof of exam letting them know that she lost the pregnancy and, therefore, underwent examination earlier than originally anticipated. 

Edited by RobsLuv - 07 Dec 2010 at 5:14pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
chi4aj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chi4aj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 9:55am
Thank you so much RobsLuv, for the information.

My applications was submitted in London. Most of the paperwork has been coming from the Immigrations/Medicals section of the CHC here (in London). I notice that the doctors reports are also sent to the same address that I would have had to write if I were to inform them formally (which I am considering doing now, following your advice).

I have also just got word back from the medical officer who handled the medical examinations.
She confirms that she actually sent a cover letter explaining why the examinations were being concluded earlier than originally scheduled.

Wouldn't  that suffice, or would you that I also wrote?

Thanks so much for your time.
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic