Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOR CHC ISLAMABAD APPLICANTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 1301>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasbuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:17pm
imran01,
The rates of the houses are different in different cities and localities. Then it depends upon number of rooms, kind of construction, age of the house, etc. I have been checking the prices the day after I applied for immigration. Since I have a house of my own here so I have planned that I will sell it before leaving and buy a house in canada from this money. Thats why I have a fair idea that prices have gone down these days sharply. Its the best time to buy a house with maximum down payment without giving it a second thought but keeping in view ones own financial circumsatnces. If you are interested, check houses and their prices on internet near the area whre you intend to live in future according to your family size and needs.
In Condos one is not at all worried about any maitenance like removing of snow from the driveway in the morning, heating , water, etc. But you have to pay monthly charges for these facilities. Whereas in private houses you have to look after problems yourself. In the begining new commer should live in an appartment and after some time, after getting familier with the way of life, then decide whats best for you.

Bukhari. Applied Dec.2004. PA / Docs update request 18 Feb.2010 / Docs sent on 12th March 2010
imran01 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:33am
susbuk bhai,
thankz for ur comprehensive response....i also want to know about the price range of different options...kindly share your experience...regards

Originally posted by sasbuk sasbuk wrote:

imran01,
The rates of the houses are different in different cities and localities. Then it depends upon number of rooms, kind of construction, age of the house, etc. I have been checking the prices the day after I applied for immigration. Since I have a house of my own here so I have planned that I will sell it before leaving and buy a house in canada from this money. Thats why I have a fair idea that prices have gone down these days sharply. Its the best time to buy a house with maximum down payment without giving it a second thought but keeping in view ones own financial circumsatnces. If you are interested, check houses and their prices on internet near the area whre you intend to live in future according to your family size and needs.
In Condos one is not at all worried about any maitenance like removing of snow from the driveway in the morning, heating , water, etc. But you have to pay monthly charges for these facilities. Whereas in private houses you have to look after problems yourself. In the begining new commer should live in an appartment and after some time, after getting familier with the way of life, then decide whats best for you.

shami123 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shami123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:48am
Dear Sherry Bahi,
Thanks for your encouragement.
sasbuk View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasbuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:49am
imran01,
How many bedrooms and bathrooms you are looking for...? a hose or a condo..?
Bukhari. Applied Dec.2004. PA / Docs update request 18 Feb.2010 / Docs sent on 12th March 2010
Ahsan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:51am
Originally posted by fahadnedian fahadnedian wrote:

Hey AHSAN,

when did you inquire about your case? Because i inquired them about two months back and again a month back but no reply from their side about the status of my application.
Wish you all the best...INSHALLAH you'll be getting PA soon

I inquired about my case a month back.
imran01 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:52am
susbuk,
for the family of 2+2.. u recommend what suited... house apartment and condo.. since i have no prior knowledge about the property value etc in this regards...
sasbuk View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasbuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:59am
imran01,
you need to buy a two bedroom apartment or condo with 1 .5 bathrooms. It means one full bathroom with bath tub and other without bathtub just wash basin and comode for kids. And if you are looking it around Toronto area, like one hour or half hours drive, its price would be around 200,000 CAD. monthly rent would be around 1200 or 1300 CAD. You can buy it with maximum down payment and pay monthly mortgage instead of paying rent.

It would be better to know more about housing and living style before going there. Search different areas and property in the areas near Toronto. See the maps as well. 
domingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 1:30am
Originally posted by sherry sherry wrote:

dear shami dont worry as 2nd medical is not very common in pakistan lets hope for the best inshallah u will hear good news very soon

Originally posted by shami123 shami123 wrote:

Midway Bahi,

we can not do any thing. I am making my mind for second Medical, this is the only solution right now to cool down the mind.

So i am going to start eating, Lsi, Mukhan and so and so,

A khir CHC say larnay kay lay Jan bhi tu chaheya.

Yes, I am sure all old applicants to receive good news before their medical expires.

Although, I am Fast Track applicant (March-2009), and had my medicals on September 10th, but since than no news. Yesterday, I applied for Caips notes which will be received after 30 days. Lets see how it goes.
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 1:41am
hi to all

libra23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libra23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 3:29am
This is something Great

After 2 years of selfless service, a man realized that he has not been promoted, no transfer, no salary increase no commendation and that the Company is not doing any thing about it. So he decided to walk up to his HR Manager one morning and after exchanging greetings, he told his HR Manager his observation. The boss looked at him, laughed and asked him to sit down saying;

My friend, you have not worked here for even one day.

The man was surprised to hear this, but the manager went on to explain.

Manager: - How many days are there in a year?

Man: - 365 days and some times 366

Manager: - how many hours make up a day?

Man: - 24 hours

Manager: - How long do you work in a day?

Man: - 8am to 4pm. i.e. 8 hours a day.

Manager: - So, what fraction of the day do you work in hours?

Man: - (He did some arithmetic and said 8/24 hours i.e. 1/3(one third)

Manager: - That is nice of you! What is one-third of 366 days?

Man: - 22 (1/3x366 = 122 in days)

Manager: - Do you come to work on weekends?

Man: - No sir

Manager: - How many days are there in a year that is weekends?

Man: - 52 Saturdays and 52 Sundays equals to 104 days

Manager: - Thanks for that. If you remove 104 days from 122 days, how  many days do you now have?

Man: - 18 days.

Manager: - OK! I do give you 2 weeks sick leave every year. Now remove that 14 day from the 18 days left. How many days do you have remaining?

Man: - 4 days

Manager: - Do you work on New Year day?

Man: - No sir!

Manager: - Do you come to work on workers day?

Manager: - So how many days are left?

Man: - 2 days sir!

Manager: - Do you come to work on the (National holiday)?

Man: - 1 day sir!

Manager: - Do you work on Christmas day?

Man: - None sir!

Manager: - So, what are you claiming?

Man: - I have understood, Sir. I did not realize that I was stealing Company money all these days.

Moral - NEVER GO TO HR FOR HELP!!!

HR=HIGH RISK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 1301>
  Share Topic