Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOR CHC ISLAMABAD APPLICANTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10361037103810391040 1301>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WAQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:20am
hi friends
                here is a intereting news regarding future immigration plan.must read
Feb

Changes Expected to the Federal Skilled Worker Program

Print Print    Email Email    Share Share

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recently announced they are consulting with relevant stakeholders about changing various aspects of the Federal Skilled Worker Program. CIC is considering changing the number of points awarded in three of the six selection factors. CIC is also proposing changes to educational requirements and stricter rules for assessing the validity of Canadian job offers. According to CIC, these suggested changes are meant to reflect the current needs of the Canadian economy and enable immigrants to better integrate into the Canadian economy.

Points Changes in Selection Factors

Applicants will still be required to attain at least 67 points out of 100, in addition to meeting eligibility requirements, in order to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. CIC is proposing to change the maximum number of points applicants can receive in the following three selection factors: language, age, and work experience. Currently, applicants can receive a maximum of 24 points for their first and second official Canadian language, a maximum of 10 points for age if an applicant is between the ages of 21 and 49, and a maximum of 21 points for paid skilled work experience within the past 10 years.

i. Language

One proposed change would increase the number of points applicants can receive for a first official Canadian language (English or French) to 20 points, rather than the current 16. CIC is also considering establishing minimum language requirements for certain occupational skill levels. A higher minimum language requirement would be required for applicants with work experience in professional occupations, such as doctors, nurses, and engineers. Applicants with work experience in skilled trades would have a lower minimum language requirement.

ii. Age

CIC is proposing to increase the number of points in the age factor from 10 to a maximum of 12 points. Rather than maximum points being awarded until age 49, the suggested change will only allow applicants to gain maximum age points until the age of 35.

iii. Work Experience

CIC is proposing to lower the maximum points for work experience from 21 to 15 points and increase the years of experience required to obtain maximum points. CIC has noted that foreign work experience is not a strong indicator of success in the Canadian labour market and the additional points would be more beneficial in the language and age factor.

Other proposed changes

In order to make the Federal Skilled Worker Program more accessible to applicants with trade skills, CIC is proposing to reduce the number of years associated with education for those with a trade or non-university certificate. Currently, applicants who have a one year trade diploma must have also completed 13 years of full-time education in order to claim maximum points for that diploma under the education factor. Applicants who have a two year trade diploma must have completed 14 years and those with a three year trade diploma must have completed 15 years of education. If the proposed change is accepted, applicants with trade diplomas would be able to claim maximum points for their education with fewer years of full-time education.

CIC is also considering requiring applicants to prove their credentials are recognized by the appropriate Canadian authorities if their profession is regulated in Canada. For example, engineering is a regulated profession in Canada. Under the proposed change, any applicant who has work experience as an engineer would be required to have their credentials recognized by a Canadian professional licensing body before they submit their application for Canadian permanent residency.

Finally, CIC is proposing to establish clearer regulations for assessing employers and assessing whether a job offer is genuine. The Arranged Employment factor is an important aspect of the Federal Skilled Worker Program and CIC has noted that applicants who have Arranged Employment fare better upon arrival in Canada compared to those who do not have Arranged Employment. There have been numerous cases of fraudulent job offers from employers looking to exploit immigrants for money. With clearer guidelines for assessing job offers and employers, CIC is hoping to deter potential fraud.

Attorney David Cohen warns of a potential challenge with the proposed changes, “CIC will not be giving advanced warning of when these proposed changes will come into effect. If these changes are made to the program, applicants who are over the age of 35 and have lower language proficiency levels could have difficulties qualifying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. If you qualify now for immigration under the current Federal Skilled Worker Program, you should submit your application as soon as possible as you may not qualify once the changes have been implemented.”

While CIC has not announced when they expect to change the Federal Skilled worker Program, Canadavisa.com and CICNews.com will report on any information as soon as it is revealed.

softncool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softncool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:47am
My Heartiest congratulations to Libra, Omairn, and Sami,
I hope rest of your process will complete soon. 
Cool
kashmub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kashmub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 12:56am
Originally posted by libra23. libra23. wrote:

Dear Kashmub

Could you please share with us when did you apply for parents and how long CIC is taking nowadays to process the sponsorship of Parents from Ontario. One more thing are they taking medical right after you sponsor your parents?

Thanks

Originally posted by kashmub kashmub wrote:

Dear Sasbuk
Ielts was  given again as we have 90 days and also to  see whether we can improve  our score  and she got more points  with New Ielts...so its worth it for us, Documents was send orginally in 2004 and since then no update was done and also my sister moved from karachi to lahore...so new job, bank statment and Police clearance with addition of 2 dependents...so quite a few thing needed to be updated....
Also by the Grace of God I rece,d my parents medical and update letter with landing fees...Luckily I am on visit to karachi so completing all documents  for parents..big ask is medical , hopefully everything will go smoothly.
Thanks for wishes and soon you will recieve ur medical and PPR.
Kashmub
Dear Libra
Firstly congrats on getting re medical
I applied for my parents in Feb 2006 in  Mississauga prcessing centre
File transferred to ISB CHC in June 2008
Update letter rec'd in Feb 2011
Medical rec'd Feb 2011 with  Landing fees.
So total processing time is roughly five years, also can check my tracker for accurate dates.
Thanks
Kash mub
My sister Case
Updated documents send Feb 2011
Bother in Law case July 2009
received Medical July 2012

abdulsami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 1:03am
Originally posted by softncool softncool wrote:

My Heartiest congratulations to Libra, Omairn, and Sami,
I hope rest of your process will complete soon. 
Cool

Dear Softncool!

Thank you very much.
lewanai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 4:05am
whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.................. its been 4 year waiting for immigration......:((
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 4:48am
Salam to All!
abidcro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abidcro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:51am
Dear Forum Memebrs. By the grace of Allah I got my re-medicals today. Wish everyone on this forum good luck and a better future.

my time line
AOR march 2004
PA letter june 2009
1st medical nov 2009
expired nov 2010
update document request feb 2011
sent documents feb 2011
Remedicals request march 2011
ABID
masoom View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 11:37am
many many congrates

Originally posted by abidcro abidcro wrote:

Dear Forum Memebrs. By the grace of Allah I got my re-medicals today. Wish everyone on this forum good luck and a better future.

my time line
AOR march 2004
PA letter june 2009
1st medical nov 2009
expired nov 2010
update document request feb 2011
sent documents feb 2011
Remedicals request march 2011
salman120b View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman120b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 12:27pm

Federal Skilled Workers case:Approved in 615 days (127 days less than average)  (12 comments)
User:zagyNationality:Pakistan
App Filed at Local Canadian Visa Office:17 Jun 2009Local Canadian Visa Office:London, UK
AOR Received Date:22 Jun 2009IELTS Requested:13 Aug 2009
IELTS Exam Date:21 Nov 2009IELTS Score:6.5
Highest Degree:MastersWork Experience (Years):20
Job Offer in Canada?:noFile Transferred to Local Consulate:13 Aug 2009
Initial Assessment Received:Documents Requested:
Documents Sent:15 Dec 2009Medicals Requested:06 Jul 2010
Medicals Done:02 Aug 2010Medicals Sent:12 Aug 2010
Interview Waived?:yesInterview Date:
Passport Requested:19 Jan 2011Application Status:approved
Approval/Denial Date:22 Feb 2011Passport Received Date:03 Mar 2011
Landed in Canada:Landed in City:Toronto
Total Processing Time:615 daysDays Elapsed:
Case Added to Tracker:29 Apr 2010Last Updated:9 minutes ago
Notes:With the Grace of Allah Almighty I received my Passports on 03-03-2011
ahmad View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 1:09pm
dear abidcro aap ko buhat buhat  mubarak ho
ahmad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10361037103810391040 1301>
  Share Topic