Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unauthorized Work Question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mwrowell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwrowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unauthorized Work Question.
    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:42pm
Hi there,

I landed in June 2018 on an United Kingdom IEC permit. I did not realize i hadn't removed my medical conditions 'can not work with children' and worked with them from Sep 2018-Jan 2019 and at which point i sent a paper application to remove those conditions.

This was approved however i am worrying whether i ticked the wrong box under 'have you worked without authorization' and cannot check obviously because it was a paper application/ they haven't updated my online profile. This is because after reading online, my application would have been approved even if i had ticked the 'yes' box.

I will have worked a full year of authorized work as a Special Educational Teacher as of Feb 2020 and was considering applying for PR under the CEC program. Plus i will 100% declare that i worked unauthorized Sep 2018- Jan 2019.

Will I be charged with 'misrepresentation' when applying for PR if they look through previous work permit applications or will i be ok because it was a paper application/i was approved/i will be honest about my unauthorized work when i apply?

Thankyou!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic