Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NOV Outland Applications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugahmonstah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 3:08pm
Got cinformation from canada post that my app was signed for is mississauugua....how long now until they enter ujs into the system?
Outland Sent 11/30/2010
Received Miss 12/2/2010
Sponsor approved 01/17/2011
Received Buffalo 01/26/2011
Applied for VR extension 03/14/2011
extension approved until MAY 2013!!! 05/09/2011
shorttalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorttalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 3:11pm
We werent entered into ecas until a decision was made.  Apparantly due to the volumes of applications they are slow at updating the system.  Dont panic.  The average time is 30 days for processing as per other people on the forum.
Medical done Oct 28
Police Records Received Oct 29
Application Filed 1st Nov
Received by Miss 2nd Nov
Letter approving sponsor 30 Nov
Maja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 3:14pm
They update ECAS 2-7 days after decision is made in Mississauga. The only time my ECAS was updated on time was when I landed in Canada.
Vienna:
Apr 14/09 - Application received at CIC-M
April 28/09 - Decision made, letter sent
May 20/09 - AOR received
Aug 31/09 - PPR request by email
Sep 3/09 - Got visa
Oct 27/09 - Landed in Canada
valy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 5:10pm
yeah....we are still not in the system, and  they got our application on Nov. 7th or 8th...which is almost one month before yours....buthopefully next week....
silentoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 6:30am
We got the sponsorship approval letter today through our consultant!!

First I was elated as this of course is wonderful news. Then I started reading the letter in more detail and noticed that they misspelled my last name, missing a letter. Went on e-cas to double check (for the first time) and there too my name is misspelled. Contacted our consultant but have yet to hear word back. I'm pretty sure this will need to be rectified because I think CIC will continue using the name on e-cas.

Thus another hurdle arises. Does anyone have any experience with a likewise problem?

EDIT: It seems the good people (look at that optimism) at Paris noticed the misspelling, and so my last name now bears that much needed missing letter. I noticed this when I checked e-cas (because I now simply can Smile) along with the update that they started processing my application on the 4th of December.

On a different note, when constructing a timeline in your signature, do you use the dates on e-cas or the dates you received the documents in the mail?

Edited by silentoak - 07 Dec 2010 at 6:35am
sugahmonstah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugahmonstah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 11:16am
I'd imagine you use whatever date is first... :)

Outland Sent 11/30/2010
Received Miss 12/2/2010
silentoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 5:47am
Originally posted by sugahmonstah sugahmonstah wrote:

I'd imagine you use whatever date is first... :)
Yep, the other days the app was in the mail and that's different for every part of the world anyway.

Also, you had your invitation letter in the dual intent post, but it seems to have gone. I was always going to read it but it was so long I never found the time. What happened with it? Did you send it off?
sugahmonstah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugahmonstah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 5:33pm
I removed it because I got paranoid about negative feedback lol

I thought.....I think it looks good.....someone is going to say otherwise soooo I removed it :) I can inbox it to you if yould like to read it
Outland Sent 11/30/2010
Received Miss 12/2/2010
valy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:58pm
So, my e-cas is saying "Decision Made" since today. Apparently it was made on December 7th, and is in the mail right now. Haven't gotten anything yet though, but I guess it will take more than 3 days considering it is pre-Christmas time right now and about everything in the mail takes about double the time than usual....
Hope we will get it soon, because I am quite nervous....
silentoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 2:59am
Originally posted by valy79 valy79 wrote:

So, my e-cas is saying "Decision Made" since today. Apparently it was made on December 7th, and is in the mail right now. Haven't gotten anything yet though, but I guess it will take more than 3 days considering it is pre-Christmas time right now and about everything in the mail takes about double the time than usual....
Hope we will get it soon, because I am quite nervous....

Yes, I would devote that delay to mail services. You'll see, it'll make a good Christmas present!
Outl. PR App. Sent Oct. 26th '10
App. rec'd in Miss. Nov. 1st '10
Dec. made Nov. 26th '10
Processing started Dec. 4th '10
PPR Feb. 23rd '11
COPR and PP Apr. 1st '11
Landed at Peace Arch Apr. 11th '11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic