Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel Document

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob_sanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel Document
    Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 2:00am
Hello all,

I landed three months ago in Canada. At the time, I was told that I will receive my PR card in 4-6 weeks. It has been 12 weeks now and I do not have it yet. As I have to leave Canada I called immigration call centre to get some info. They told me that my status is " in processing" and I will have to apply for a Travel Document.

I was trying to fill out the forms to apply for a travel document however, I do not reach the "residency obligation" as i landed just 3 months ago. Anybody knows:

1. why it has taken for so long to get PR card?
2. Should I apply for Travel document or a tourist visa to get back to canada?

thx
jo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 2:52pm
Hey bob_sanz
I know little bit on this topic. Where are you from? To leave Canada...you are fine with your passport. This travel document is required when you need to re-enter Canada as you haven't got the PR Card.
My friend had to to make an emergency trip to India before she receives the PR card from CIC. She has applied for Temporary Travel document through 'VFS'. This travel document is for one time entry only.
You can apply for temporary travel document from your country.
pentouch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 4:02pm
is it so urgent that you go back home? if not, why don't you wait. remember how long u waited to get the visa.
SS
bob_sanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob_sanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 3:08pm
thx all....well, actually this is because of my work that I have to travel out of Canada...I am just wondering why it has taken that long! there is no update on my case either.

By any chance, anybody knows how to check the status of the PR card issuance from outside Canada? I tried to check it online, but it gives me the update of my PR application not the PR card.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic