Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visting Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjrvero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visting Canada
    Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 6:16pm
I am a Canadian citizen married to an American citizen.  We were married in the USA and have been living in USA since our marriage in 2008.  I have been offered a job in Canada and will be moving to Canada.

I think I understand the process for the outland application for my wife, especially since I recently went thru the US process to get my green card.

Now to my question.  Once the outland application is submitted, can my wife still come to canada to visit me?  Typically, I think a US citizen can enter Canada as a tourist for up to 6 months.  I am wondering if there will be an issue with her visiting me in Canada while her application is being processed.  I am hoping that as long as she can show when she is leaving they will allow her to visit.

freckles4256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckles4256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 3:20pm
yes she can come here and visit you while your app is been processed. All she will need is to show them that she will return home and the ties she has to here home country ie job,car,owns her own home or rents etc and prouf of how she will surport herself while here (bank statments) were she will be staying that type off stuff. But also make sure she has no criminal record off any sort as this will make it hard for her to come visit.
You can go onto the cic web site and it will tell you the ins and outs off been a visitor here.
I have read somewere that if you come across the boarder with her it can be abit better than her coming by herself.
If im wrong someone on here will correct me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic