Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 10:20pm
Hi everyone,

I went to the local CIC office for the "interview" this morning, me and my hubby were the only one there, I guess Saskatoon is not so busy :p

We went in on time at 9am, the door was closed before the time. The lady asked for my passport,and my Visitor Record document, and asked my hubby to pay. Also asked for 2 photos for PR card making, then return my Passport,and doc.

Then told us to go to another room, an officer will be there with us shortly.
A girl came in, she asked for Passport again and "took" my Visitor record away (Visa extension)
Ask me simply question like:
A. Do you have any dependants with you in canada
B. Have you been denied of entering Canada
C. Have you committed to a crime ( or something like that)
D. Will you physically be here for 6~12 months (in 3 years or something)

Then she cross off my visitor visa stamp in my passport ( from my country i needed one to get in)
and Stamp with CIC canada ( Saskatooon Branch) on the next page, below that she wrote down a series number of my confirmation of PR.

She handed me the COPR Paper and asked me to sign, and said hold on to this, never lose it because it's for the future canada pension plan purpose. (it takes 6months to get another one)
Told me the card-making takes about 5 weeks ( cause they only do it in Nova Scotia)
and will mail me the card to my address.

I hope this will help, and wish everyone good luck.

Thara, i think you should call CIC, sometimes if they don't look into the file carefully, they will assume it's something else, like i called few days ago, he said just bring pictures of you two or family pictures. But as I told him more about the case, he started to check, then found out my case has been granted.......

Vivian
INLAND
Aug25-10 App received by CPC-V
Oct18-10 Started processing
Mar31-11 Signed in to E-cas 1st time
June17-11 Contact by phone
June30-11 PR landed
Total: 10months 5days
Vivian1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 10:44pm
Another thing I want to share is about getting the driver's license.

Getting a driver's license in this province (SK) is like a non-stop nightmare.

They will need my:
1. Passport+Documents from CIC (Ex: Vistor Record), With
2. two peices of supporting documents to prove my residency (Utility bill +Bank Statment)
**other docs may apply, but you have to check your provincial laws)

But first, I couldn't get a bank account, not even a joint account, because they need my "Driver's license" or "Visitor Record" ( which I didn't have last year)
And I thought, Utility bill will be hard to get as well, so i didn't even bother asking by that time.

Today, after the interview, we stopped by a utility bill service centre, thought should give it a try,
and found out that i didn't have to show her any kind of ID to put my name on the bill!! WHO KNEW? So after that we went to the bank wanted to give it a try again to get my name on the joint account.

This time was way easier than the past 3 times, the lady was nice and asked for my passport, and if i can any docs from CIC, i showed her the COPR, and she looked a little confused, then I showed her the "Copy of my Visitor Record" in Color. Remember I mentioned on the last post, the IO took it away? and YES, turned out that I actually need that one to open a bank account!!!!

Another lucky thing was she turned out to know my sis-in-law who used to work at the same branch, so she didn't even check if that Visitor Record was not an original one. She also checked my Marriage Certificate from my country (in English) and happily asked me if i want to put Vivian as my "Alias" in the bank statment. I said that would be great.

Anyway, to make long story short, i could've gotten my Driver's license in March already, but the license will only work as long as the visitor record work ( which CIC usually issued another year)

SO do what you can do when you have the visitor record!
and NO, U can't get a SIN card or applying Health card until they issued you the PR Card!!
INLAND
Aug25-10 App received by CPC-V
Oct18-10 Started processing
Mar31-11 Signed in to E-cas 1st time
June17-11 Contact by phone
June30-11 PR landed
Total: 10months 5days
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 11:04am
Just saw on my E-CAS that "A decision has been made." It's the weekend so I can't call to confirm that we got AIP -- so frustrating!!!!
INLAND
Application received: 24 Sept 2010
Processing started: 15 Nov 2010
AIP: 27 June 2011
Landed: 4 Aug 2011
pal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 3:14pm
Hi Everyone,

Our case scenario is as follows: It says DECISION MADE

We received your application for permanent residence on August 31, 2010.
We started processing your application on October 22, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on June 14, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We have received the letter now. In the letter they have asked us to appear for an examination interview with applicant's passport, 1 photograph and have asked us to pay $490 right of permanent residency fee. 

Does anyone know what is this interview for? Is it a landing interview or an interview for finalizing our case? Also does anyone know how and where we can pay this fees? Does this mean we have been granted PR?

Thanks,
Pal
CEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:09pm
Pal, congratulations, you got the PR. This "interview" is just formalities. You will pay the $490 and will get the landing papers. Time to celebrate Wink

Abstract... most likely it is the AiP otherwise it would say your case has been transferred to a local office.
App. Sent Vegreville: June/14/10
App. Received: June/17/10
Started Processing: Aug/26/10
AiP: April/11/2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 1:00pm
Called and found out that we got AIP!!! Just waiting for the letter now... damn mail delays!
INLAND
bonjoydave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjoydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:09am
@PAL: just wondering what province are you?..in my eCAS its also says DM and they sent me letter on June 14 but up to now i havent received the letter yet.so frustrating..in the letter does it say when the schedule of your interview will be?..

hope i receive the letter today...

February/9/2010: Sent application for PR

September/10/2010: AIP and OWP

December/21/2010: Received my CSQ

June/14/2011: Decision Made

Aug/23/2011: Became Permanent Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 6:55pm
So I got the letter for AIP but then today I got the request for the landing interview on 4 August!!! Only took 1 month, not the 9 months they say on the website, thank god! YAY!
INLAND
spb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 9:12am
hi everyone, 
im new to this forum, i have been in the country since April last year, but i applied or inland spouse sponsorship in september on 23rd september 2011, on july the 7 2011 i got an update od Decision made on the CIC website. i received a letter congratulating me, and written that my file has been transferred to Etobicoke office,i will be contacted soon for a landing interview.

Does anyone know, currently  how long is the wait for  landing interview?and when do we get a SIN number and PR card after the interview?
Question

shantese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:17pm
anyone hear anything after AIP  for august 2010
shantese
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic