Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelparnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 8:17pm
hi there.. just wanna ask if what number you dialed in order to check for the status of your application?i just wanted to know if they received already my application,since the purolator told me that they received already my application but until now,i havent receive yet any notice from the cpc vegreville.hope you can help me.thanks in advance
  angel
angelparnes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelparnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 8:27pm
hi there!just wanna know on how to get the client id number?cause i send my application only this june and still waiting for cic approval that they received already my application.when will they inform us that my application is received already?thanks in advance
  angel
Vivian1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:12pm
hi Angel,

U can dail to Call Centre: 1-888-242-2100
But I can tell you that they won't contact you even they recieved your application.
In my case, it took them 6 months to contact me through letter, and that's because they need me to update my recent info. (stupid questions like: have you been working? what were you doing between high school and university?? etc)

and I won't be able to sign in e-case after I submit my "update form" that's 7months later..

now, the interesting thing is after 10 months of processing, they finally contact me by phone.
asking for landing interview. and I haven't recieved any letters due to the postal strike.

Since I did my research online, found out people said CIC required 2 photos for the interview,
but my husband ( who answer the phone said the officer didn't tell him about it)

Out of curiousity, I called CIC again this afternoon. The agent reviewed my case and told me:
Your case has been completed, they granted my PR status, all I need to do is to take photos for "PR card" purpose, and hand them to the IO when I go in thursday morning.

My advice: be patient, call centre won't know anything before 6~7months into processing.
(I called them last week, they said just wait, but by that time i already got a phone call from local CIC office)

All the good luck to you~
Vivian
INLAND
Aug25-10 App received by CPC-V
Oct18-10 Started processing
Mar31-11 Signed in to E-cas 1st time
June17-11 Contact by phone
June30-11 PR landed
Total: 10months 5days

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:17pm
BTW,
I didn't know my Client ID until I submitted my "VISA EXTENSION" which was last early October (that time online processing time was 110days) and I didn't get it until this March 2011, they granted my extension and gave me a year (till March 2012) On that letter, it has my client ID.
Also enclosed the updated info requirement from CIC.

U said u just sent out this June, then don't bother wasting your time on call centre agent, I don't think you will hear anything before December, I know it's frustrating, but just relax and chill :)
INLAND
June30-11 PR landed
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:50am
Hey Vivian..

I was asked for all those same things by mail but was not given an interview date :S . Plus, Now Im pissed cause he asked for Passport Size Picture... if it is for PR.. they are smaller.

I started a new job and have been swamped so never got to call the CIC centre. Maybe, I should.

*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
App. Transf to Etobicoke Office - December 02, 2010
Interview @ Etobicoke Office and AIP and OWP received - May 12, 2011
CEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:40pm
Hi Folks,

Has anybody heard any news after the AiP?

I called CIC last Friday and the lady said my Police Checks are already in the system waiting for approval.

Monday I checked and it showed they have received my medical exams. ( underwent the exams before the application was sent and I attached them to the application).

Now the OWP is simply a joke. When i applied in May it was giving a 37 days timeline. Today it gives 70 days timeline. They have been working on applications from April 11 for the past 3 WEEKS supposedly. I asked the CIC call agent if they are on strike haha It is pretty disrespectful.

Any news anybody?
App. Sent Vegreville: June/14/10
App. Received: June/17/10
Started Processing: Aug/26/10
AiP: April/11/2011
shantese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 11:46am
no cec havent heard anything cnt apply for owp or ohip aip letter is stuck in the mail so mad cnt wait for this process to be over.
shantese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelparnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 3:26pm
hi vivian,
   thanks for sharing your experience to me,so i'm expecting a long wait before i can receive any info's from them regarding my application.i've read some of the thread here,and lucky they are cause after two months they can logged in already in the ecas.so after they received my application,they will not open it after 2 months?and for that, they can email me to inform that they are working on my papers already?im still a bit worry cause when i send my application in the purolator,i did'nt put my returning address outside the envelope,but my full information where i lived is in my application paper,so i was thinking that maybe they can inform me already if they have to work for my paper?
  and as your experience,you've waited 6-7 months after you heard a news from them?and does they state their on when they received your application and when will they start to work and process?
  anyway,thanks a lot for all the infos vivian,,and congratulations for being a landed immigrant already...hope i may have good output also in the end..GODbless!!Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelparnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 3:33pm
vivian
btw
  how did you know that they starts to process your application on the date you listed below?cause you submitted your application last august right?and how did you find out that they will process your application two months after they received your application?thank u again.:)
angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 10:00pm

Angel,

1. I didn't know my Client ID number until they granted my Visa Extension. (Which didn't come till March 8, 2011)

2. They also sent me that "update info letter"at the same time like I said before, and I quickly filled out and sent it back in 2 days, by the time i know my Client ID as it shows on the visa extension paper.

3. I couldn't sign in to E-cas with that number until, March 31 ( That's when I know when they received my PR application, and when did they start!)

I believe most of the people here get this timeline info under the same situation, or just me being very unlucky at first ( didn't hear anything till 7months later, then the processed, then became really quick, and they even skip the Aip just granted my case)

As long as you can track if anyone from the office recieved your package, it will be fine. Even if you call at the very first couple months, they won't even bother checking, they just simply reply, if u sent by registered mail, and shows we got it, then we got it --- very unhelpful!

INLAND
June30-11 PR landed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic