Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by ColorMePanda ColorMePanda wrote:

You won't hear anything from CIC until 9 months have passed since they received your application. You will not receive a letter or be able to sign into ECAS until 9 months have passed.

It's my understanding that you should be able to sign onto ECAS after 3 or 4 months, and you should be able to call the CIC with your Client ID number and find out when they received your application and when they started processing it, through the automated system.
INLAND
Application received: 24 Sept 2010
Processing started: 15 Nov 2010
AIP: 27 June 2011
Landed: 4 Aug 2011
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 2:41pm
So, Im back.

Got my FOSS. last week. Very disappointed because other than facts I dont have any access to the comments from the IO. :(

It just says there are comments on these facts but the comments are not given. 

So there is no way to know why it was transferred. 

*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
App. Transf to Etobicoke Office - December 02, 2010
Interview @ Etobicoke Office and AIP and OWP received - May 12, 2011
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by abstractioness abstractioness wrote:

Originally posted by ColorMePanda ColorMePanda wrote:

You won't hear anything from CIC until 9 months have passed since they received your application. You will not receive a letter or be able to sign into ECAS until 9 months have passed.

It's my understanding that you should be able to sign onto ECAS after 3 or 4 months, and you should be able to call the CIC with your Client ID number and find out when they received your application and when they started processing it, through the automated system.

I already called CIC and asked when they started processing and they told me the date which is how I am able to have the date in my signature. And no, not everyone is able to sign into ECAS. Some are and some aren't. Though you should be able to sign in on the day a decision is made on the application. So in a few months, I should be able to sign in. 
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
komar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:56am
Hi Thara,

Is there a letter attached to the FOSS notes saying that they are with holding some info?
If not, send them a fax asking why some info is missing and stating that you need to see the IO comments urgently because otherwise you wont be able to respond to the CIC concerns in time.
Send it to:
Privacy Coordinator
Case Processing Centre Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4H4
Telephone: 905-803-7904
Facsimile: 905-803-7392
which is for privacy requests concerning immigration sponsorships.

Fax it to your local office too. You can find the fax number for your region specific office under this link:
http://www.infosource.gc.ca/inst/imc/fed11-eng.asp

Best of luck!

Application Recieved: 04/29/10
Started Processing: 07/13/10
AIP: 03/03/11
Final Approval: 06/03/11
Landing: 06/21/11
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 3:54pm
Thanks Komar, I will be faxing in my letter tommorow. 

As for Etobicoke Office, FYI - one cannot go to the office to drop off the mail. It NEEDS to be mailed in. I drove all the way there, paid $5 parking just to find out that I need to mail it. Then I went to the post office across the street and did a registered post. It will be delivered tomm. with signature. 

I sent in soo much proof there is no denying it. So, the question now is what was the concern for the application to be transferred. Have to wait for the Privacy Officer to send it in. 
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
App. Transf to Etobicoke Office - December 02, 2010
Interview @ Etobicoke Office and AIP and OWP received - May 12, 2011
Dana36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dana36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:12pm
We sent our application to Vegreville on August 14, 2010 and it was received on October 12, 2010. We have not heard anything yet either. What is the FOSS is it necessary or helpful to get this? And what is ABI

Thanks,
Dana
Dana36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dana36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:30pm
How do you go about ordering FOSS
What is their address

Thanks,
Dana

My Situadion: My husband is from Mexico and he was here on a holiday visa and that visa expired over a year ago. We filled out our papers for spousal sponsorship in August 2010. They were received in Vegreville in October 2010 and we sent in our additional document in December 2010. Hopefully, we will here from Immigration in May-a little after you.

Cheers,
Dana
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Thara Thara wrote:

Thanks Komar, I will be faxing in my letter tommorow.

Hi Thara, just wondering how everything was going for you. Did you get any reply to the letter you faxed?

Edited by abstractioness - 24 Jan 2011 at 7:01pm
INLAND
Application received: 24 Sept 2010
Processing started: 15 Nov 2010
AIP: 27 June 2011
Landed: 4 Aug 2011
canadacold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadacold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:37pm
hi there, any luck with FOSS notes? my file was received on april 06, they started processing the file on  24th Dec 2010, on Feb 01, CIC decided to transfer the file to Etiboke Office, that sucks. did you end up going to the office and what did you learn. Please reply, since we are in the same boat. I'll follow your steps to get to bottom of this nonsense.

thanks and good luck.
Inalnd Application filled April 06,2010
Started Processing Application Dec 24 2010.
FIle sent to Etobicoke Office Feb 01 2010
canadacold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadacold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:38pm
Hi Thara,
 any luck with FOSS notes? my file was received on april 06, they started processing the file on  24th Dec 2010, on Feb 01, CIC decided to transfer the file to Etiboke Office, that sucks. did you end up going to the office and what did you learn. Please reply, since we are in the same boat. I'll follow your steps to get to bottom of this nonsense.

thanks and good luck.
Inalnd Application filled April 06,2010
Started Processing Application Dec 24 2010.
FIle sent to Etobicoke Office Feb 01 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic