Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 3:56pm
That is soo unfair Komar. Good Luck this time around :)

HUGS!
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
App. Transf to Etobicoke Office - December 02, 2010
Interview @ Etobicoke Office and AIP and OWP received - May 12, 2011
rmaleshri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaleshri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:05am
ALBERTA NOMINEE PROGRAM - FAMILY STREAM
I applied for  my sister and family.
Applied in MARCH 2010
Received confirmation of Application receipt - JUNE 29, 2010
RECEIVED FILE #   - DEC.14, 2010
Ravi
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by rmaleshri rmaleshri wrote:

ALBERTA NOMINEE PROGRAM - FAMILY STREAM
I applied for  my sister and family.
Applied in MARCH 2010
Received confirmation of Application receipt - JUNE 29, 2010
RECEIVED FILE #   - DEC.14, 2010

I didn't know that you usually receive a confirmation of application receipt -- did anyone else get this? Was it after a similar time period?
INLAND
Application received: 24 Sept 2010
Processing started: 15 Nov 2010
AIP: 27 June 2011
Landed: 4 Aug 2011
komar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 5:54pm
Thanks Thara!
Absttractioness, Rmaleshri's is provincial nominee program called AINP. one can sponsor one's family through this program but not one's spouse. the application is submitted to the responsible provincial authorities, and if approved by them goes to the CIC for final processing.
Application Recieved: 04/29/10
Started Processing: 07/13/10
AIP: 03/03/11
Final Approval: 06/03/11
Landing: 06/21/11
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:46pm
So, update.

Called CIC. Got a very cold rude person. It is so sad when you are so vulnerable and you get someone on the other line who doesn't really want to help you.

Anyways, good news. Etobicoke Office now replies back in 6 months. I however am optimistic that I will hear back sooner. Plus, I hear from another person who got an interview under 5 months.

I have ordered for my FOSS notes and  I am collecting as many things to prove my relationship.

It is hard to see other people who have received their AIP and OWP. But I shall wait my turn and will succeed :) 

*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
komar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 5:06pm
Thara, mail all that you have right away! Do not wait for them to contact you. You can keep updating your file later too when you have moe documents.

Believe me, its pretty serious stuff that your app was transferred within five months, without the first stage approval. I dont mean to scare you but it only happens when they doubt the genuiness of your relationship.

Wish you all the best!
Application Recieved: 04/29/10
Started Processing: 07/13/10
AIP: 03/03/11
Final Approval: 06/03/11
Landing: 06/21/11
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 8:37pm
I will be dropping it off coming Monday so that I can talk to someone at the office. 

Thanks for your concern Komar. I have the marriage certificate bank statements, 1000+ pictures. When I go to the office I will ask if we can put things in a CD for the IO to view. 

I am in a happy place. I am sure it's going to work out. Defnly waiting on those FOSS notes. 
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
CEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 5:41pm
Happy holidays!

We sent our inland spouse application to Vegreville on June 22 and we have not heard a single word from CIC yet. Why is that?

We tried checking online but we cannot access our application yet.

What should we do?

Thanks
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by CEC CEC wrote:

Happy holidays!

We sent our inland spouse application to Vegreville on June 22 and we have not heard a single word from CIC yet. Why is that?

We tried checking online but we cannot access our application yet.

What should we do?

Thanks

You won't hear anything from CIC until 9 months have passed since they received your application. You will not receive a letter or be able to sign into ECAS until 9 months have passed. This is how long it takes for them to make a decision on the inland applications right now. After 9 months you should hear what the decision is and hopefully it is AIP (aka First Stage Approval) because then you can apply for a work permit or study permit and in some provinces you can get health care coverage. If after 9 months you don't receive AIP but are instead transferred to your local CIC office WITHOUT AIP given first then you should expect an interview. They could be doubting that your relationship or marriage is genuine and need to meet personally to answers their questions. If you are transferred there is not specific timeline for waiting for an interview so you could be waiting anywhere to a few weeks to 3 years. In this case during waiting, no news is generally good news. So if you haven't been given a letter requesting for additional documents then things should be going smoothly. Good luck and hopefully we all get AIP.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
CEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 11:14am
Hi ColormePanda

Thanks for the reply. I sent my application one month before yours. How do you know they have started working on your file?
Reading this topic I saw the lady got her application transferred to Etobicoke and she sent her file after us. So it means there is a big chance we are not being transferred, correct?

What is FOSS? We never heard of that before...

Is there something that my wife and I should be doing/preparing (proof wise) in case they ask for more documents or proofs?

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
CEC

Edited by CEC - 28 Dec 2010 at 11:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic