Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INLAND - Timeline - June-September,2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:52am
Thanks ColorMePanda..

I will fax it. 

I feel so down right now. I was happy that I got the letters and now I cant imagine. My husband cannot afford to pay the mortgage by himself. We are in deep depth due to our recent wedding. My EI is going to run out soon.

I dont know what to do. :(
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
App. Transf to Etobicoke Office - December 02, 2010
Interview @ Etobicoke Office and AIP and OWP received - May 12, 2011
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:28am
Wow. Hope things work out. I've never heard of a file being transferred to a local office so early in the process since AIP is taking 8-9 mths. I've heard them asking fr personal update about the 5 mth mark but not the file being transferred. Do you have any idea about why it could have been? If you don't mind, maybe give a brief history about yourself/the relationship? I faxed my foss request just out of curiosity. Let's see how long it takes. Keep up posted. Good luck.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
abstractioness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by ColorMePanda ColorMePanda wrote:

Hi, finally a thread for those who sent Inland apps later in the year.

We sent our application July 13, 2010 and it was received July 16, 2010.
They started processing our application on September 22, 2010. I only found this out by calling the CIC Call Centre. I have a previous client id from previous visitor records however to this day I am still unable to sign into e-CAS. I am thinking about ordering FOSS notes just to make sure that my clearances and medicals were received as well as to have a hard copy proof from CIC that our application is being worked on and to make sure all the information about us in the system such as name/number/address is correct. We have yet to hear anything from CIC. Will be 5 months next week that we sent it off. I figure we will hear about their decision in mid to late April 2011.

Wow, that's really annoying that you still can't log into e-CAS. I'm going to call CIC on Monday -- I didn't know they had that information. I have a previous Client ID number, too.

Did they suggest anything when you called about why you still can't log on? That seems like something they should look into, since they admit that they are processing it.

EDIT: So I called the automated service and it confirmed the application was received on Sept. 24th. I thought you couldn't call to check that it'd been received? It's been 2 1/2 months so I hope they start processing it soon after Christmas.

Edited by abstractioness - 12 Dec 2010 at 11:34am
INLAND
Application received: 24 Sept 2010
Processing started: 15 Nov 2010
AIP: 27 June 2011
Landed: 4 Aug 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Thara Thara wrote:

Thanks ColorMePanda..

I will fax it. 

I feel so down right now. I was happy that I got the letters and now I cant imagine. My husband cannot afford to pay the mortgage by himself. We are in deep depth due to our recent wedding. My EI is going to run out soon.

I dont know what to do. :(

I'm so sorry :( What an awful situation. Definitely get those FOSS notes.

Edited by abstractioness - 12 Dec 2010 at 11:17am
INLAND
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:00pm
My husband saw me crying in the living room. Said everything is going to be ok. I did read another girl getting her AIP & OWP within 5 months of the transfer. So, I have hope. 

Background,

Im brown and my husband is white Canadian. I came to Canada in 2000 for school and was in work permit after graduating. I met my husband online Spring, 2008. Moved in July, 2009, got married October, 2010. I got laid off Feb, 2010 and I decided to apply under common law in July, 2010.

I was hoping to get the AIP & OWP early next year. But I got 2 letters. One asking to fill in some timelines. Another saying that is has been transferred to Etobicoke Office. 

Now, I hope to call the centre on Monday and even drop in at the etobicoke office to see if they can help me and even drop off the letter with the history update.

Can anyone give me the Fax number for the FOSS for Ontario Region? Thank you.

*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:09pm
I forgot to thank everyone for their concern. 

ps: It was tranferred within 4 months and less than few weeks. Hopefully, I would get an AIP & OWP by the 9 month mark. It is not being able to work or study or have health insurance. I feel like a prisoner with no rights.

I dont understand how they expect you to put a hold on your life. What am I going to tell future employers. they wont even bother calling me in for an interview.  I was making decent money. If this takes too long, I will have to take up entry level positions if I even get it.

Plus, the mortgage, car, food... I dont even go see my husband for lunches eventhough I dont do anything all day because I dont want to waste 6 dollars on ttc. 

I can go on. :( I hate self pity. But I so need it now. 
*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010
komar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 9:47pm
i strongly suggest that you send more proof of your marital/ common law relationship. every document that has your and your spouse's name togather, pics etc.
my husband and i applied last year and the file was transferred to local office after 3 months. We were told by CIC helpline that when this happens it means that an interview is required and we will have to wait for an interview call/ letter from the local CIC office. 4 months later what we got was a letter refusing our application saying they do not believe our marriage is genuine (without even an interview!).
foss notes showed that it happened because 1. our joint account was closed (our joint account was never closed) 2. we had not filed taxes togather (we couldnt have because you file taxes for the previous year and we were not married in 2008).
we wrote to every MP, govt minister, agencies, senators even prime minister, gave interview on tv and newspaper but nothing happened. we were told that all we can do is apply again so thats what we have done.
Application Recieved: 04/29/10
Started Processing: 07/13/10
AIP: 03/03/11
Final Approval: 06/03/11
Landing: 06/21/11
Thara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 4:10pm
Thanks Komar, 

I am sorry that you had to go through that. It is unbelievable that they didn't ask for more documents nor conduct an interview before refusal.

I have sent in the fax for FOSS and will get every document that proves our relationship to be genuine. 

Thanks for your input. It is scary to even think that they might refuse without an interview.

Good luck with your application this time around. 

*INLAND*
Common law Application
Sent - July 16, 2010
Received - July 20, 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractioness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by komar komar wrote:

i strongly suggest that you send more proof of your marital/ common law relationship. every document that has your and your spouse's name togather, pics etc.
my husband and i applied last year and the file was transferred to local office after 3 months. We were told by CIC helpline that when this happens it means that an interview is required and we will have to wait for an interview call/ letter from the local CIC office. 4 months later what we got was a letter refusing our application saying they do not believe our marriage is genuine (without even an interview!).
foss notes showed that it happened because 1. our joint account was closed (our joint account was never closed) 2. we had not filed taxes togather (we couldnt have because you file taxes for the previous year and we were not married in 2008).

That seems really extreme. It makes me worried because we're in a similar situation -- we have a joint bank account, and we explained that we hadn't filed taxes together because we hadn't lived together for a year, although we included the form we sent off reporting to the CRA that we're common-law. But they messed up with your joint bank account so that doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It makes you wonder how closely they actually bother to look at your file.

Did you explain in your application why you hadn't filed taxes together or did you not include anything about taxes?

Hmmm... maybe we should send in the tax rebate statements we've received so far as common-law.

This is why there should be the right of appeal for inland -- it isn't even an issue of judgment, they actually got their facts wrong especially with the bank account.
INLAND
komar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:49pm
Thara, we have learned the hard way that instead of ppl running a system its the other way round.
Abstractioness, the officer took the month closing balance on the bank statement to mean that the account is closed. We got married in Jan09 and filed the taxes in April seperately. Who would have thought they dont know that in canada, each year you file taxes for the previous year and not the current one. Our cover letter, documents and application proved that we have known each other for 9 months but the officer claimed on the foss notes that we got married 9 nine days after meeting each other for the first time.
You can imagine how we felt when we read all that and how frustrating it was to hear even the highest placed public officials admit that it was a mistake BUT nothing could be done since the file is closed.
I can go on for ever but my advise to everyone out there: forget the document check list, send everything that has your and your spouse's name on it. send more supporting documents every month. if you have nothing left to submit, take pics togather and send them off. Most importantly, pray hard that your case is processed by an intelligent and well trained officer, fully in command of all his senses.
Application Recieved: 04/29/10
Started Processing: 07/13/10
AIP: 03/03/11
Final Approval: 06/03/11
Landing: 06/21/11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic