Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

its finally over

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 1:44pm
well nothing yet from paris, 1 month yesterday since interview, mp and lawyer cannot find out anything and have sent another email so not sure what to do....
apps miss mar 18
sponsorship approved may 11
apps sent to paris may 11... May 5 got letter and husband denied waiting for ADR..
AOR recieved july 1
apps in process june 23. inter. Nov8 DM Nov 16
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 4:23pm
Sadly, I think this is a case of 'hurry up and wait'...  :(
Thinking about you - and hoping things turn out ok in the end.
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 1:32pm
Talked to my lawyer and he seems to think that I have no worries and that from the shortness of my husband's interview that we will be approved. It is now 1 month since DM and still no letter yet but still hoping it will come before xmas.....
apps miss mar 18
apps sent to paris may 11... May 5 got letter and husband denied waiting for ADR..
AOR recieved july 1
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:49pm
I went back to your very first post in this thread and you were asking whether the decision made letter and passport request come at the same time.  Don't know whether that was ever answered definitively because I didn't read through all the responses - they went off track for a bit when someone asked if your eCAS showed "Medicals Received" (which was, basically, irrelevant).  Anyway, my Decision Made letter and passport request were one in the same: "It appears processing of your application for permanent residence has been completed.  You are required to submit your passports . . . ."   My letter had a deadline for submitting our passports - so I think you are being WAY TOO PATIENT about receiving this letter.  If it has been misdirected by the post office and he misses the submission date, it's going to be a huge hassle.  Most letters give applicants 45 days to submit a passport - mine only gave me 3 weeks!  Have you contacted your MP's office yet, as I suggested earlier, to ask them to contact CIC and see if they will send another copy of the letter?  Or at least to find out when it went out and what address it was mailed to.  That's the type of stuff the MP's office can do for you without a huge hassle.  CIC will talk with an assistant to the MP - you don't even have to meet with the MP.  Honestly, if you haven't done this yet, please contact your MP's office today - tell them you've been waiting for a decision letter now for over a month and you're worried it has been misdirected.  They will contact the Minister's office who will contact the Embassy and ask them to send another - or even to email the info to you.  You can't afford to be patient any longer.

Edited by RobsLuv - 13 Dec 2010 at 2:57pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 6:28pm
Thanks Robsluv, I have taken your advice and now have my MP on the case. They have sent a request to Paris today and hope to find out what is going on this week.... Big smile
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 1:21pm
Hey everyone well my MP emailed me today and Paris has sent them an email to tell them that yes they have made a decision and have not sent the letter out yet. They said they will be sending it shortly. lol they told me that 3 weeks ago.... They also said that they cannot say what is in the case until after the letter has been sent. so can anyone tell me WTF is going on?????? Why are they delaying this?
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1
Cuds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 2:08pm
wow I am sorry to hear you still haven't received anything (since nothing is send yet?!?!?!) 

I can't imagine how you are feeling
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 7:41pm
I am not sure myself what I am feeling... I watch the forum and see everyone having such quick replies with their letters and I will now have to wait until after the New Year..... doesnt really seem fair but what can I do???Cry wishing everyone Happy Holidays.
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WTF IS GOING ON????? I CAN"T GET ANY NEWS ON MY HUSBANDS CASE... PARIS JUST KEEPS SAYING THAT THEY WILL CONTACT HIM SHORTLY>> HOW LONG IS SHORTLY??? I AM GOING CRAZY AND IT IS ONLY A FEW DAYS UNTIL XMAS AND I CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THIS. DEPRESSION HAS SET IN AND JUST GETTING WORSE....CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:14pm
none of us can possibly know, sorry. you just have to wait, unfortunately. wait and after the holidays have the MP inquire again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic