Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

its finally over

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:29am
so they didnt ask for yours ? they sent it with your decision letter???? If so then this gives me a little hope.. thanks
apps miss mar 18
sponsorship approved may 11
apps sent to paris may 11... May 5 got letter and husband denied waiting for ADR..
AOR recieved july 1
apps in process june 23. inter. Nov8 DM Nov 16
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by lonely lonely wrote:

so they didnt ask for yours ? they sent it with your decision letter???? If so then this gives me a little hope.. thanks
sorry this is for citronella
apps miss mar 18
apps sent to paris may 11... May 5 got letter and husband denied waiting for ADR..
AOR recieved july 1
citronela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citronela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:37am
Hello it is saying the following on ecas. 

Permanent Residence 

We started processing xxxxxx application on October 4, 2010. 

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxxxx's application. The office will contact xxxxxxx concerning this decision.
Cuds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:42am
Originally posted by citronela citronela wrote:

Hello it is saying the following on ecas. 

Permanent Residence 

We started processing xxxxxx application on October 4, 2010. 

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxxxx's application. The office will contact xxxxxxx concerning this decision.

That's exactly what mine said .. well ... another date of course. I had an email in my junk mail, stating "visa is ready to be issued" with an attachment on how to obtain the actual visa. 

Paris needed 15 days to process our application, but we went through Paris and not Tunis. As I understand applications from applicants from Tunesia, don't stay in Paris. 

Citronela - was your application in Paris or Tunis?

Anyways - good luck Lonely!!!
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:05am
Crymy husbands apps were in Paris cause Tunis does not do PR apps only visitors, urs said medicals recieved on ecas but not my husbands...
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:33pm
Lonely,

When my ecas updated it said "Decision Made" roughly 24 hours later I had an email from Buffalo requesting my passport. I was pretty much freaking out in that 24 hour period! So keep optimistic :)
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:55pm
Given the amount of time you spent together, I too would suggest remaining optimistic. Either way, you will know relatively soon so there is no need to panic.

I hope it goes well, and, frankly, I have the sense it will -- again, that amount of time together is actually unusual and in itself very strong evidence. (And in the meantime, though it has been over two years ago now, my eCas was not even updated until after I had received the PPR letter! and overall, over the last three years I have seen many widely varying reports of what eCas reported at this stage -- in other words, I would NOT focus much on precisely how it is posted in eCas, just know a decision has been made.)

Of course the CBC documentary last night about fraudulent marriages illustrates the extent to which the sponsored PR app process is being scrutinized, politically and by the public in general. The program largely (but not exclusively) focused on younger African males marrying older Canadian women. Near the end there was at least a hint that the Minister is indeed thinking of asking Parliament to change the law to require a "conditional" period for sponsored partner PR. Will not affect applications in process, I'd think, but this is a clue as to how much pressure there is on the Canadian government to crack down . . . and we all know that any so-called crackdown is likely to have a more detrimental impact on legitimate couples, on the innocent.

Edited by dpenabill - 16 Nov 2010 at 3:56pm
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
sierra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 11:16pm
Hi Lonely,

I hope the best for your approval.

To give you my experience. (same set up).

I happened to check e-cas and it said decision made. They said that the sponsored (my husband) would be contacted. So- I checked his email. He received almost at the same moment an email advising him of the approval and how to proceed for the passport request. I don't think we ever received a phone call or snail mail.

-L

lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:14pm
hey everyone, well i am trying to be positive but it is hard. It has been 3 days now since decision made and no emails or anything from Paris so I am prepared for my husbands letter to not be a good one. I just don't understand this whole immigration process and how it is all canadian but so many different ways of dealing with each case. I sit here and watch many people go through this and have no promblem and then so many others have such a hard and hurtfull time of it. We can send in as much proof as we want and most of the time this doesnt matter. as far as my husband goes well if they could be with us then they would see how things really are. also most of other apps also. I can honestly say that with my apps I gave them more than enough proof in writing and am waiting now to see if it was enough. My husband answered every question at the interview with his heart so I guess next week we will see how it turned out. Not to optimistic about a good letter.... Good Luck to all those still waiting..... my prayers are with you....
apps miss mar 18
AOR recieved july 1
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:22pm
Lonely -- keep thinking positively...  "put it out there" that everything will come to the best possible conclusion!  My thoughts are with you while you go through the torture of waiting...  hopefully when you write next, you'll have great news to share with us all!!!!
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic