Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oral Interview With A Citizenship Judge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oral Interview With A Citizenship Judge
    Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 2:16am
Hi Guys 

I live in North Vancouver, BC. I took the citezenship test two times and I failed them. right now I got called to interview with judge. I want to anybody took an interview with judge recently if yes please share your questions.

Also please consider the o new regulations tath took place in October 4, 2010.

Edited by johnmaker - 14 Nov 2010 at 2:24am
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 12:42pm
Since you failed the test twice already, you have to study the book,this time the judge will assess your knowledge about Canada orally.

Better study hard.

prof456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prof456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by johnmaker johnmaker wrote:

Hi Guys 

I live in North Vancouver, BC. I took the citezenship test two times and I failed them. right now I got called to interview with judge. I want to anybody took an interview with judge recently if yes please share your questions.

Also please consider the o new regulations tath took place in October 4, 2010.
No offence but how do you fail a citizenship test TWICE? Seriously?

You'd better prepare really really well this time around.
larryhui2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larryhui2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 3:30pm
hi Jonymaker
how long ago did you fail your 2nd test, I heard you have to wait very long for a judge interview, is it true in your case? thanks

ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 5:33pm
Johnmaker, many of the forum members who have taken the citizenship test have posted detailed questions and answers in the "Discover Canada..." forum.

Take the time to review all these questions and study the answers. I'm sure it will help you a great deal. Also, you can take a practice test (URL in my signature below).

All the best!
filbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:09pm
I too was called for an interview this may 31st. I took the exam on April 2009, and I would like to know if I need to study the new book DISCOVER CANADA or stay with the old handbook- A look to Canada, since I took the test before the revision of the study guide . I am anxious as to what the judge would ask me. Pls. help! :(
aussiepete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiepete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:35pm
I have a learning disability and I am certain I aced the test! ( Had it yesterday ) I had seen every question from my Test on the practice Websites. I don't understand how you people failed? Unless you didn't bother to study???? I didn't even read the whole book. I practiced the online tests for 2 hours every day in the 1 1/2 week before. I got to the point of being able to get 95-100% on all the online tests. Then when I did the real test I know all the answers right away! Every question in my test was word for word ( the same ) as on these two sites. So if you can get a Pass on them you will pass the real test.

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
filbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:39pm
I am most certain I passed the test. I hardly had a mistake on the sample test questions. But why am I being called for an interview? You can never be too sure.
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by filbert filbert wrote:

I too was called for an interview this may 31st. I took the exam on April 2009, and I would like to know if I need to study the new book DISCOVER CANADA or stay with the old handbook- A look to Canada, since I took the test before the revision of the study guide . I am anxious as to what the judge would ask me. Pls. help! :(

Hi Filbert, as far as I know you will have to use the Discover Canada study guide. The interview will serve pretty much the same purpose. That is, the judge will ask you questions to determine your ability to understand and communicate basic English or French.  As well, you will be asked a few questions about rights and responsibilities as a Canadian citizen.

Just focus on reading the guide a few times and taking a few practice tests. Don't worry, just do your best to prepare and face the interview...you'll be fine. Let us know how it goes...all the best!
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:50am
filbert:

Are you sure the interview is not about meeting the residency requirement? rather than meeting the language and Canadian knowledge requirements?

Were you given an opportunity to take a second test? Did you recieve any requests for additional information related to your residency?

I mean, an interview two years after taking the test, which you say you believed you passed, sounds more like a residency qualification case.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic