Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skilled Worker Education Query..please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucylocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skilled Worker Education Query..please help!
    Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 7:12am
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some help regarding the points for skilled workers. 

My husband and I are applying, I am 24, he is 28.  He is a Carpenter with 5 years experience so luckily he is on the list of 38 and therefore is our principal applicant.  He studied in South Africa but only to School Level (14 years). 

My query lies with our education/apprenticeships.  My husband has done an apprenticeship but has no documentation to back it up.  To get our 67 points my husband needs 20 points in the 'Two year diploma, trade certificate, apprenticeship & 14 years school.  Is there any evidence, eg references or letters that he could obtain to prove his apprenticeship?  Or would it be better to obtain a diploma/degree.  If that is the case, do they recognise the Open University or other distant learning bodies as he needs to keep working full time also. 

For myself, I am currently studying an Accounting Technician course which is an NVQ, when completed I will have done 3 years part time, would this be the equivelant of 1 year trade certificate? (It doesn't matter really because without we still have 67 points)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lucy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic