Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help needed please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nananay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help needed please
    Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:58pm
My ex-husband is desperate to move back to BC. (see below) If anyone has any suggestions or ideas of where he can start please reply, thank you

I was granted permanent Resident Status in June 1973.
I lived in BC till 1999 when I moved to the USA to help take care of
my parents. My Mother passed away in 2005 and My Father last December
(2009). I have a daughter in Toronto and a daughter in Vancouver. My
daughter in Vancouver has a husband and son. She is suffering from
cancer and my grandson has neurological issues. They were on CTV
recently http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100917/bc_warne_family_100917/20100917?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
I would like to move back to Canada but there seems to be concerns
with Canadian Immigration because I was out of the country so long.
If you can advise me as to how to proceed it will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 8:48am
see private msg
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
nananay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nananay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 11:54am
Thank you so much for your reply. It is very useful, I will forward it. Yes, this person is living in the US where he was born and is a citizen, and No his immigration status has not been revoked. Thanks again!

ProudOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 11:22pm
A little late but I thought I would say......

You are still a PR in Canada, unless you have relinquished it.

It sounds like there is a very simple solution. Re-enter Canada with the purpose of reestablishing your life here. If an officer has concerns about your residency obligations, I am sure you have some H & C grounds to overcome the removal order. If the MInisters Delegate still issues you the order you would have 30 days to appeal. Then you can be in Canada for up to a year(~) before your appeal is heard.

The key is that you have to be attempting the re-establish yourself in canada. If you attempt to come as a visitor and they find out you are in violation of your obligations you will have a harder time fighting retention.

It sounds like you have sufficient H &C grounds.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic