Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medeical Sent,PPR Awaited,Best time to marry?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medeical Sent,PPR Awaited,Best time to marry?
    Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 6:35pm
Hello
I need some advice regarding my PR case.
I applied for Skilled class immigration last year. In July 2010, I sent my medical report and RPRF. Roughly four months time was given till PPR (means till mid November). My visa office is London.
Still I am waiting for it. My question is related to my marriage. I need to plan it so that my application goes smoothly.

If I get married between

A. Now and PPR and am able to update my status before PPR comes. In this case my wife's processing will be done with my PR. Further delay of few months is expected. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

B. Before PPR but while updating my status (collecting and sending docs to CIC), PPR comes. In this case what are my options. I have to update my status immediately with CIC as its a clear instruction from them. Will they ask me to send all documents so that my wife's processing can be done with mine Or will they let me do the stamping+landing and then ask me to sponsor her from Canada on Spouse Visa. Can it complicate my case in any sense?
Lets say they process my wife's PR with mine (which is most likely), Will this case be processed faster than scenario A, as my PPR has already arrived. I understand that if my medical expires, Ive to retake it. I applied in the IT manager occupation which has been taken out from the occupation list. Is it wise to delay my smooth PR process by getting married and adding my wife's case after the PPR?

C. After PPR and Stamping. In this case I can only sponsor her on spouse visa while being in Canada. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Is there any possibility which I am missing or havn't thought about.
Your urgent response is awaited
Thanks in Advance
ADBoy
Ralph M. Dzegniuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph M. Dzegniuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 2:53pm
The best advice would be for you to marry now and upate CHC London accordingly ASAP. Yes, it will add few more months of processing time, but in the long run, it is still the fastest and safest route.

If the marriage and filing of the sponsorship takes place immediately after PRV is issued it could lead to some complications. It may lead to questions regarding when the relationship started, was it already at the stage of "common law" while your PR application was being processed (if this concept exists in your home country - in many places outside of Europe and North America it doesn't), and, if so, why you did not declare it as such, etc.

However, absolutely worst scenario would be for you to marry now, not declare it while you are being landed in Canada, and then trying to sponsor her immediately thereafter. You would be banned from doing so due to operation of s. 117(9)(d) and then you'd be facing very serious consequences.

So, again, option 1 is the best solution.

regards,

Edited by Emad - 13 Nov 2010 at 1:19am
jo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 2:36pm
ADBoy: What's the file status now?
Would liek to know the update....
shampy2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shampy2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 5:26pm

Well, According to my knowledge.. If your file is still in process and you did not get your PPR yet, then best thing you can marry now, But keep in mind, As soon as you get marry inform London immigration right way. In that way yes your Process will be little delayed but that would be a smooth process.

Also if you are planning to get marry, Prepare a Cover letter about your plans to get marry and send it to Immigration office at London, that's the way they will know you are planning to get marry.. If you get your PPR in the mean time then also you can send your wife's passport or docs with the update status.

One of my friend he did not listen me :P but he got married after he got the PPR. He did not inform to Immigration office at Delhi, After landing in Canada he mentioned his status as single, but when he sponsered his wife he had to spent almost 20,000$ to lawyer in order to proove he is married ..
because Canadian Immigration refuses his case and sent him letter, I read that letter.. states... "you did not declare your status in india since you got married, and you lie to us, We can depote you back to india, but we are not going to " :P.. If you have any further question please hire lawyer and proceed with your case"

You can come to canada as single, then after couple of months, go back and then get marry and come back to canada and sponser your wife.."Which is a little long process..depends upon processing time country to country.

Edited by shampy2009 - 18 Nov 2010 at 5:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic