Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discover Canada - post sample Q's here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 133>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inmigrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:29pm
Oh yes it was on good terms. This was my client for 3 year, i practically worked there like an employee. And yes they will give me anything i want, as long as I help them train new person and make the transition smooth for them. And i don't have a problem with that anyways. Its a canadian LOCAL medium size business. Their reference will serve me well.
Test date? IN A WEEK
WEDNESDAY JAN 13 2010...

Collection of documents still on lol... gonna put everything in one binder, organized by purpose (housing, employment, bank statements, medical statements, tax returns, bills, etc... ) So, I will share my experience of the interview in a week...
A bit nervous yes of course, but confident and just... 
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 11:14pm
good luck, and we shall wait for your positive experience details!
miss.mississauga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss.mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by inmigrado inmigrado wrote:

Oh yes it was on good terms. This was my client for 3 year, i practically worked there like an employee. And yes they will give me anything i want, as long as I help them train new person and make the transition smooth for them. And i don't have a problem with that anyways. Its a canadian LOCAL medium size business. Their reference will serve me well.
Test date? IN A WEEK
WEDNESDAY JAN 13 2010...

Collection of documents still on lol... gonna put everything in one binder, organized by purpose (housing, employment, bank statements, medical statements, tax returns, bills, etc... ) So, I will share my experience of the interview in a week...
A bit nervous yes of course, but confident and just... 

inmigrado, have you received RQ from CIC? Just wondering... how do you know that they are going to hand you a RQ? and if they do, can you simply give your document to the officer on spot on your test date? is that why you are preparing yourself?
“An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind.”
inmigrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inmigrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 3:23pm
"inmigrado, have you received RQ from CIC? Just wondering... how do you know that they are going to hand you a RQ? and if they do, can you simply give your document to the officer on spot on your test date? is that why you are preparing yourself?"

Yes got the RQ. How did I know? I didnt utill i came to this forum lol. If you have multiple absences, or bunch of citizenships, that kinda thing. i applied exactly 4 years after becoming PR. Maybe i should have done it sooner. I had one big absence in the beginning I am sure that did not help. I traveled a lot for work too... so...

I have no idea how they gonna take my RQ, before test, or @ the interview after test.  The letter says " bring it to the test/interview" I will know tomorrow as its my test date...
stick around and you will find out..

miss.mississauga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss.mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 1:50am
inmigrado

thanks for the clarification and good luck tomorrow.
“An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind.”
JBE View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 7:47am

received a Discover Canada book in the mail yesterday with a note says: This replaces your old Look at Canada book....  I am keep discovering LOL
JBE View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 7:53am

"inmigrado, have you received RQ from CIC? Just wondering... how do you know that they are going to hand you a RQ? and if they do, can you simply give your document to the officer on spot on your test date? is that why you are preparing yourself?"

Yes got the RQ. How did I know? I didnt utill i came to this forum lol. If you have multiple absences, or bunch of citizenships, that kinda thing. i applied exactly 4 years after becoming PR. Maybe i should have done it sooner. I had one big absence in the beginning I am sure that did not help. I traveled a lot for work too... so...

I have no idea how they gonna take my RQ, before test, or @ the interview after test.  The letter says " bring it to the test/interview" I will know tomorrow as its my test date...

Since you travelled a lot… I suggest you have evidence to prove that you had 1096 days physical presence in Canada immediately before your launch of your Citizenship application…

ymax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ymax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 10:37am
Hi JBE

Is your status still in e-cas as "received" mode or they swithced to in "process"?
Tnx,
Ymax
Originally posted by JBE JBE wrote:

received a Discover Canada book in the mail yesterday with a note says: This replaces your old Look at Canada book....  I am keep discovering LOL
CIC Office: Mississauga
Recieved by mail: May 2009
Online Status: Nov 2009
Recieved ACK: Nov 2009
Proces Start: Feb 2010
Transf May 2010
Test Nov 18 2010
RQ trasf St Clair Nov 2012
Oath Oct 2013
inmigrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inmigrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by JBE JBE wrote:

Since you travelled a lot… I suggest you have evidence to prove that you had 1096 days physical presence in Canada immediately before your launch of your Citizenship application…

Buddy, I gave them a binder with 400 pages of supporting documents... I have about 1144 physical days before I applied, I left enough room for "error"
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 6:35pm
Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 133>
  Share Topic