Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Processing time Update at cic.gc.ca

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDragon17846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:15am
Originally posted by matthewc matthewc wrote:

It's frustrating. It does simplify the information they're publishing, and make it marginally easier to understand, but at the cost of the really important 50% mark, like dpenabill said. It would have been much better for them to use the 50% number, if picking just one to publish.

The real problem (which could actually cause logistical issues for CIC) is that many people will now look at the published numbers, and decide to apply inland, when in fact they would have gotten a decision really significantly faster applying overseas, because they don't understand that the published timeline is actually only for 1 in 5 cases... it's an overestimate for 4 out of 5, to the extend of being down-right misleading for those straight forward, no-complications applications typically processed in only a few months.
Actually the inland timelines have gone up just as much, really.  Its 8-9 months for AIP and now 9 months for second stage.  Me and a few other inlanders are hoping that the second stage 9 months is actually a max (I had known many inlanders who got their second stage within like 2-3 months after AIP, prior to this timeline change).  But really that's a max of 18 months inland vs. max of 11 months outland.
****INLAND****
App sent: 11 Dec 2009
App recv'd: 14 Dec 2009
App started processing: 1 Mar 2010
AIP: 13 Sept 2010
Fingerprints Requested for RCMP: 4 March 2011
LANDED!!: 12 May 2011
duaduaki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duaduaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 12:18am
Hi everyone,

I am really lost, please help to analyse my case. Initiately, I would want to make a outland sponsorship, but the recent update of processing timelines at cic put me in dilema. My processing office in Singapore now takes approximately 18 months which is comparable to the timeline of inland sponsorship. From what I understand from reading this forum, upon the first stage assessment and approval of me (the sponsor), my spouse can apply for a work permit. From then on, she will have to wait another 9 months for stage 2 which is her application for PR.

Since now that the timeline for both are about the same, isn't it better to go for the inland route instead? I am considering this inland route because at least she gets a work permit in 9 months, rather than waiting for 18 months not able to do anything during the outland process. She will be with me in Canada regardless of which method we use. I am aware that she won't be able to leave the country via the inland application and there's no right of appeal. If she cross the border to US and return within the same day, is it considered leaving the country? And regarding the work permit, is it necessary to have a job offer first before she can apply for one and how long is it valid for?

Did I miss out on anything that outland is still preferable compare to inland? In other words, would there be more complications via the inland application?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic