Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Processing time Update at cic.gc.ca

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rahulchd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Processing time Update at cic.gc.ca
    Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 12:58am

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp#immigration
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 7:01am
Has it changed? it seems so
silentoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 5:30am
Yes, I noticed that a day or 2 ago too. They also changed the country specific timelines, for the CIC offices. It now only says one number in Processing in Months.

Underneath that it says "based on a complete application package". Could anyone clarify that? I already went to look at their given explenation for it. But is it the time from beginning (you sending your file to a CIC office in Canada) to end (the office abroad asking for your passport)? Or is it just the latter part?
silentoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by silentoak silentoak wrote:

Yes, I noticed that a day or 2 ago too. They also changed the country specific timelines, for the CIC offices. It now only says one number in Processing in Months.

Underneath that it says "based on a complete application package". Could anyone clarify that? I already went to look at their given explenation for it. But is it the time from beginning (you sending your file to a CIC office in Canada) to end (the office abroad asking for your passport)? Or is it just the latter part?

Edit: So it was pretty obviously stated that there's the 2 steps. And so it's the latter part.

Edited by silentoak - 06 Nov 2010 at 12:38pm
rahulchd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rahulchd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 2:01pm
Basically what i understood is that these times are applicable when our documents are ok with the application and if anything they ask later on that there is any issue with the documents that might delay and increase processing time.
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 6:03pm
I would take it that the figures represent how long it has taken to process 80% of applications for the last twelve months of statistics at each office, from the point of starting the PR application at the outland visa office (or Vegreville if inland). The completed applications part, there is a link to another page which clarifies that this means all documents (which vary according to the application involved) are returned completed.

The time to assess the initial sponsorship at Missisauga is showing as (an additional) 41 days.
Forestmember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 11:57pm
Yes, they updated the system with new processing times and I believe the days shown are the maximum days needed to process an application, with postage included. The processing time for my application is 41 days (based on the date received up to). It was however processed in less than 32 days
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 11:40am
Thank you for posting that link.  I went to make sure that the application forms hadn't changed, just because.  XD

After all, they "changed" the MOC rules wherein you will be denied if you married PRIMARY to come into Canada, etc.  I would HATE for us to have printed off all the forms already, and just be waiting for our photos, medical, prints and marriage certificate only to find that the whole game has changed. 

I really like EnglishMuffin's interpretation of the link.  I'm still probably going to expect that this US to Canada request is going to take about six months, but I won't sweat it if it takes a year.  I imagine that others looking at that chart won't be calling into CIC all the time asking about their applications as often.  We'll see. 
valy79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 1:05pm
Thanks for posting. Too bad that they just put up these new number right after I sent in my application, because I might have requested to have it processed at a different office now...

I hope it won't take that long in reality (1 year total for my case) Confused. I doubt it though (if everything is alright with our application). I know somebody who got her application processed in about 6 months in Buffalo (as opposed to the 11 months they are stating now).
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 1:38pm
11 months for Buffalo seems off if you're an American going through that office
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic