Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got my PR - Inland Spousal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotMYpr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got my PR - Inland Spousal
    Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:30pm
This is just a quick note for all those going through the same immigration stress which i had gone through.

Hang on mates...your turn is coming very soon.

Originally came in as a international student in 2001. prior to graduating my under grad degree I applied as a Skilled worker but was rejected due to insufficient points. Due to recent activity in my country of residence, i filled for Refugee Status because i was scared of returning home, but was denied.

I didn't bother to appeal cos it know its a waste of time and money.I was ready to go home when ever they ask me to; but my wife was adamant for me to remain, so she put in an inland spousal sponsorship. Even though she was highly education and had a very good paying job, Her Approval in Principal was refused and our case was transferred to the local office for future review.

I was scheduled to be removed from Canada on 30th of October 2010, but about 2wks ago i received a letter asking my spouse and I to come in for spousal interview at our local office in Mississauga.

My Interview lasted for about 20mins (My wife wasn't even interviewed, she waited outside), after which i was told congratulations!, your medicals expires in 4days but we will process everything right away, so you don't have to do another medicals; you are now a PR of Canada. There is a photo studio around the corner, take a PR photo and bring it back, which i did, paid my PR fee and signed some documents, and I landed immediately.....It all happened like a miracle...

Everyone around thought my wife was going crazy, because she was jumping in excitement, even happier than i was...

Anyways guys, don't loose hope, hope and pray, if you are religious...if you not, go about your daily activities and wait for the immigration process to take its course..

Cheers
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:38pm
That's a wonderful story.  Thank you for sharing.

My husband also became PR this month after a saga of rejected refugee claim, ordered to leave Canada last year after we got married.  Our AIP for my common-law sponsorship filed in 2007 came through thanks to CIC expediting the issuance of AIP to stop the removal order.

So for those who find that the immigration system are flat out operated on the floor by heartless, uncaring staff, please do not despair, the good ones exist to give at times happy endings.

Good luck to those still waiting.
hwj31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwj31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 6:56pm
wow! congrats! Me and my GF are just starting the process, doing lots of research first, and then we are getting married in june. She's from the US and i'm Canadian
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:08am
hwj31, make sure you put together a complete and organized application. Cuts out unnecessary delay if the application is strong and clearly providing proof of genuine relationship and no issues/concerns to be refused.
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:15pm
that's an amazing story. I on the other hand have been waiting for 3 mth's since the interview at vancouver office and still haven't heard anything back. Altogether it's been 17 mth's since we sent our inland application. This is quite depressing

Application Rcvd: May 29/09
Started Processing: June 12/09
Transferred to Vancouver office without AIP: Nov 26/09
Interviewed on: Aug 11/10
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 10:14am
Pali, we sent in our application in July 2007 and my husband just became PR October 2010.  It's tough to wait but for as long as you know there are no issues to be refused, please just try to live one day at a time as if you are already a PR.

Helps to keep depression out of the picture.

Good luck.  Hope to see a posting from you with good news.

pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:55am

Thx Mfeq, i appreciate your kind words. I don't mind waiting for PR but as long as i receive Approval In Principal soon so i can get open work permit. How long did it take for your husband to receive approval in principal?

mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:49am

We received the APR (Approval in Principle) June 2009 but that was only expedited because my husband received the end of the rope on his failed refugee claim and CIC was enforcing the removal order since his pre-removal application (PPRA) was rejected.  I sent in a letter to CIC to advise that we will abandon inland sponsorship and will start outland.  CIC gave us an emergency appointment and gave us on the spot the APR letter.  However, for straight forward sponsorship cases, I believe the timeline could be significantly shorter than ours.

pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 7:29pm
Mine is unfortunately not so straight forward. I too am a failed refugee claimant and that is likely why our file was transferred to local CIC office. But CBSA has told me that they'll not enforce deportation till the outcome of my marriage application. So the wait continues...
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 9:23am
Pali,

You are in a good place in terms of not having to deal with what we dealt with which was the fear of the day that the removal was going to be enforced for reasons that the sponsorship application was filed after my husband received his PRRA kit.  Please go back to your application package for the sponsorship and make sure your evidence to show that your relationship is genuine is strong.  If you feel you need to fill in some gap that might bring some doubt, send them those items you believe would add to help CIC give favourable assessment. 

Good luck.  Keep us posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic