Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 75>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 2:55am
Hi, girls!
I have a question here that might be interesting for many. When I was getting ready to come to Canada and had to go through the medical in my home country, they found a scar on one of my lungs. I had to go through different tests which proved that it wasn't tuberculoses, but the suspicion remained. I was given my work visa but they also gave me a paper saying that I had "inactive tuberculoses" and I had to contact the nearest tuberculoses centre after coming to Canada for some more tests. I had X-rays, and some other tests. Negative.

OK, on April 1 they decided that it wasn't necessary for the caregivers to go through another medical, but it's in the power of the officer to decide that. The TB is a very scary word here. What do you think they will do with me? Has anybody heard anything? Does anybody know anybody with the same problem?  

I will appreciate every word!
Melora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 1:32pm
Hi everybody, after a frustated long waiting I got my OWP first week of  December. ecase says,that Medical has been recieved and you will be contacted. dont know when they going to contact me, hope soon, its going to happened. cheers !!!!
Appli,, sent on 11/01/2010
CIC recieved 14/01/2010
Started to process 22/03/2010
Recieved Client update form-19/07/2010
OWP dated/recieved 03/12/2010-09/12/2012
wangjn163 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangjn163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 10:19pm
hi ,I don not know two questions in the immigrate applition form,can you help me ?
first question :Record of wages and deductions sent to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by your employer(s) (this is the document you use to file your income tax report by April 30 of each year)--------I think that means T4 slip every year ,right ?If not ,please give me answer,thanks.
second question :Statement of earnings showing hours worked and deductions made by the employer(s) (this statement shows your gross and net earnings, specific deductions, the purpose of these deductions and the total number of hours worked,  including overtime, during each pay period)-------Does that mean every pay stub in every month or summury stub in every year ?if you have example ,please give me ,thanks a lot in advance .
Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 7:05pm
Happy New Year everybody. May this year bring us our heart desires in Jesus Name. Amen
I hope CIC Will reduce their processing Time and make it easy for us to reunite with our family again . Thé processing Time now is still 10-11mths, i hope it wont go up again .

Hi Mayflower. I am just seeing your post . While i was coming to Canada , i went for medical and i didnt havé TB but last year when i went for médical Check up and i was given a shot on my skin, my doctor said i havé TB but i should go for Xray and my XRay came out fine, no hole in my chest. The doctor then said i had INactive TB . Since there wont be a médical and since i dont havé it before coming to Canada , i dont think i should havé problèm with IMmigrations. For you own case i believe since it is inactive before you left your Country and nô more médical, you should be fine with immigration too.

All thé best .
Hope and pray.
Mayflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 11:57pm
Thank you, Ileke-idi. Do you have your PR already?

Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Mayflower Mayflower wrote:

Thank you, Ileke-idi. Do you have your PR already?

I dont havé it yet. Thé processing time is now 27 months i.e 12 months for AIP and 15 months for second stage approval........ Oh my God!
Hope and pray.
Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 10:57pm
Bump ! Cant afford to let this thread die .
Hope and pray.
deewai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deewai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 1:17am
hi guys! just got back from a 3-month vacation.. got my PR card with me so have to change SIN tomorrow...

carmen, j: how are you my friends?

received appli: July 14, 2011
started processing: August 8
Medical received

sent CENOMAR, appendix, and ORIGINAL passport: Sep 10
February View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote February Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 9:41pm
My processing time to share with everyone

Application send on : Feb. 1st 2010
Received on:              Feb. 5th 2010
Start processing:       Apr. 22nd 2010
OWP approved on:    Jan 7th 2011

Ecase wrote: Medication has been received. A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Good luck to everyone who started to apply .

Finally i got my OWP and AIP.  That's a really long waiting and depress.

Good Wishes to everyone and my newborn baby!

Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 9:52pm
Hi everyone, processing time haven't changed yet. I really hope it won't go up to 12-13 months.

I have a question - Do we have to work while waiting for OWP and PR? What if the requirements are met (2 years of employment) and the employer doesn't need you anymore. Can I just not work and wait for my OWP? 
Application sent: April 7 2010
Application received: April 9 2010
Started processing: June 23 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 75>
  Share Topic