Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 75>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:53pm
another 15 months after AIP!!!!! I just hope that they will change the rules about leaving the country during these 15 months. It's unbelievable! I feel so crushed!!!!
Application sent: April 7 2010
Application received: April 9 2010
Started processing: June 23 2010
Mayflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:44pm
Maybe, all the process is going to take 15 months? First and second stage together. Has anyone called to ask them?
February View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote February Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:49pm
My application send: Feb1st, received : Feb 5th 2010, start processing: April 22 2010.

Now i am still waiting for my open work permit and AIP.

My question is that i am pregnent right now, and my due date in the middle of Dec. I am still working untill the end of this month by the doctor request, is it affect to my PR application?

When will i get my open work permit and AIP? I am very stressful.  Thanks!

It's really really very hard to be live in nanny during pregnent. Hope everyone are not same like me.
Pregnancy is a happy thing, but for live in caregiver that's a disarster. I am surffering a lot, just hope my baby healthy happy and coming to the world safely. Hope the God bless my baby too. I have to work untill you are born. Crying face to the truth world.
Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:40pm
Hey guys. Called CIC today, just wanted to ask them if the news processing times are for new applications only or for all that already in process. Well... for all of the applications. I applied in April and was told that I should hear from them in March.

Anyways... Has anyone ever had a call from CIC. Have they ever called you or your employer to check if you are still employed?The first stage, till u get you OWP, takes so long now. Just need to tell the kids to pay attention if somebody called.

I'm getting paranoid with all these changes.
Application sent: April 7 2010
Application received: April 9 2010
Started processing: June 23 2010
Mayflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 9:57pm
Hi, Madeira!
You are not the only one who is paranoid with the changes. I have been feeling stressed and depressed all the time now too. I think, what they are doing now with the caregivers that are already in the country is that they will try to keep us where we are for as long as possible, so that our employers don't bring any new people into the country. 

I sent my application on June 28, they received it on June 29. I still cannot find myself in the system, but they called on September 13 early in the morning, around 8:30. They were asking about the legal address of the farm (I am looking after two elderly people on a farm). These people's son was at home. He answered the phone, told them the address and told me that somebody called about me from the Immigration only in the afternoon. I was very angry that he didn't call me to the phone, but at least this way I know that hey opened my file on September 13. Two weeks ago I called about the processing times and they told me that I should hear from them sometime in April. It looks like right now there are no any standards there, they just do what they want, and we cannot do anything, just be quiet and wait, wait, and wait... It's very frustrating...
February View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote February Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 10:59pm

Hi Madeira, I called cic last Fri. they told me i have to wait next year January. Oh my God that's really long waiting. I just ask me to be patient.

I am wondering about the first stage approve too. Anyone can tell us what happend to you during the first stage approvement. Hope we can share the experiences here.
Anyway i will share my proceesing experience with everyone here.

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 11:25pm
You get your OWP after first stage approval(AIP).

Originally posted by February February wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Hi Madeira, I called cic last Fri. they told me i have to wait next year January. Oh my God that's really long waiting. I just ask me to be patient.

I am wondering about the first stage approve too. Anyone can tell us what happend to you during the first stage approvement. Hope we can share the experiences here.

Anyway i will share my proceesing experience with everyone here.

"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
pradap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pradap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 12:37am
You make me smile Carmen Where we are, it stopped raining but the sun was still hiding. I hope deewai joins us soon. And the people who are actually undergoing their OWP/PR application under the live in caregiver class. Tongue

Edited by Emad - 13 Nov 2010 at 1:26am
February View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote February Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 2:16am
Hi job seeker, i havn't get my OWP yet, they said i have to wait Jan 2011 after AIP if the processing time not changing, but no body ganrranty.

I guess maybe the processing time will be changed again.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 1:53pm
Yeah, 10-11 months for first stage processing. Carmen actually "journalled" her processing here till she got her PR. But it was 6 months before for AIP. Now it is 10-11 months.

Originally posted by February February wrote:

Hi job seeker, i havn't get my OWP yet, they said i have to wait Jan 2011 after AIP if the processing time not changing, but no body ganrranty.

I guess maybe the processing time will be changed again.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 75>
  Share Topic