Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 75>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 10:30am
Hey Deewai

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Have not visited the forum for a while.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
mariyana05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyana05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 1:42am
Hi dear Carmenuta, congratulations!!!/It's me- Mariyana, I forgot my old password and did another registration/
I am a bit worried/ again! / Confused
I have talked to an officer and he said they sent my PR card on 8-th of October. I am still waiting.
Do you know how long it took for your PR card to get there from Sidney? A week? 10 days? More..?
I am in rush , because I have a ticket to go back to Bulgaria on 6 -th of November.
What if the card is lost? !!! I just have started to read about this Travel Document- it sounds horrible!!!
Another aplication...Cry
Can I do it here before my trip, or I have to be outside Canada to apply?
It seems I have to talk to CIC again...:(

Thanks!
Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 1:38pm
Hey guys!
Congrats to you who've gotten their PR!
For those who've recently applied for PR - HAVE U SEEN what they are doing with processing times? It is ridiculous! Since I've applied in April the First Stage of Approval changed from 6 months to 10-11!!!Shocked

Did anyone hear any news? Are they planning to change the whole process? Maybe no more OWP and we'll get PR right away?

It's not really convenient. I wouldn't want to get another employer just for several months. I just want to get out of live-in already! My current employer might not need me for that long! I told her I'd be done by October-November! It's so frustrating!

Anyways. As they say "Hope dies last"! Let's hope.
Application sent: April 7 2010
Application received: April 9 2010
Started processing: June 23 2010
Mayflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 11:41pm
Hi, Madeira!

I am also one of those unlucky ones who applied after all those "changes for the better" in our program. I applied at the end of June - June 28. I am not in the system yet!It's already 4 months, but I am not on the e-CAS!!!  On Monday I called CIC to ask if my papers didn't get lost. The lady was quite nice. She found my file and said that all my papers were "normal, no problem at all". It's "just a matter of time" to get that status. She added that I should hear from them some time in April. I asked her if that 10-month time line is going to be changed for shorter or they are going to make it even longer. She assured me that it won't change, it's a new standard of doing the paper work there. NEXT MORNING I checked the website and saw that "10-11" month thing! I was shocked... Before applying I told my employer that the process would take just 6-7 months and I was going to leave as soon as I get the OWP. They have found a person to replace me in January. This girl is almost done with her papers in the old country and cannot wait to come here. And I cannot leave! I feel really frustrated... My employer tells me to go home for Christmas holidays... I really don't know what to do. I heard it's not a good idea to go home when your papers are in process... My work permit and the visa are good for another year yet.
mariyana05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyana05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:42am
Hi Mayflower,
I think there is nothing wrong for you to go home for a while.BUT...you have to apply for a new visa to enter Canada. How long you want to stay home?
Once you meet the requirements of the program I suppose it is OK to travel for holidays.
To be absolutly sure it is always good idea to talk to CIC.
As many questions you have, as many calls you have to make.Smile
This is what I have done. It is for your reassurance.
Finally I got my PR card / it took 14 days to be delivered /.
Be patient and if you are not sure about something- just give them a call.
Good luck!
Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:42pm
Hi people, just bumpin the thread since the processing time for our case has gone up from 6-11 months for AIP, everybody affect has been busy doing whatever to keep our mind off it. anywayz lets just hope for the best.
Hope and pray.
Ileke-idi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ileke-idi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:44pm
Hi people, just bumpin the thread since the processing time for our case has gone up from 6-11 months for AIP, everybody affect has been busy doing whatever to keep our mind off it. anywayz lets just hope for the best.
Hope and pray.
mydesire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mydesire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:43am
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

we have to wait another 15 months, sucks!
mydesire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mydesire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:44am
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp
we have to wait another 15 months, it sucks!
Madeira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:03pm
U gotta be kidding!!!!!! Did I get it right? So now we have to wait 10-11 months for OWP and 15 months after that? Or the total is up to 15 months OWP and PR?
Application sent: April 7 2010
Application received: April 9 2010
Started processing: June 23 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 75>
  Share Topic