Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 75>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:36am
Hi, J. Goodmorning to you too! I was missing you yesterday... Well, there's a few tables on the Canadian site where you can see what month they're processing right now. Here, i'll just send the link for you...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res

Hope you're having a good day!
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:49pm
Was around (as always) But got tied up chatting with a friend who's in New York How time flies when you're having a good time. I feel GRREATTTT this morning!!!! Might be gloomy outside but it's how we feel inside that is important. Thanks for the link. Now I understand how come people know what day is being processed. We learn something new everyday Have a great day!!
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 11:25am
Another week's gone by! Let's hope for more good news next week! Have a good weekend you all!

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 1:38pm
For a moment there, I couldn't find the thread... so I'm just bumping it up a bit!

Minreau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minreau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 1:43pm
Carmenuta, I am wondering: are you a caregiver in the country you are originally from? And if so for how long? I was considering being a caregiver.

Are live-in caregivers allowed to leave the house ever when they are caring for someone?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Carmenuta Carmenuta wrote:

For a moment there, I couldn't find the thread... so I'm just bumping it up a bit!

Hi Carmen,

When I left this morning, the forum is clean. Now it's again beset with lots of spam . Anyway, we know the threads we're watching so we search. Hope you're having a good day. Let me know how your fox trot went. I have two left feet.

J

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:28pm
Hi Minreau,
For your question:

"The Live-in Caregiver Program allows professional caregivers to work in Canada. Caregivers are individuals who are qualified to work without supervision in a private household providing care for children, elderly persons or people who have disabilities. The live-in caregiver must live in the employer's home.

Live-in criteria

An important requirement of the program is that employees must live in the employer's home. The Live-in Caregiver Program exists only because there is a shortage of Canadians or permanent residents to fill the need for live-in care work. There is no shortage of Canadians or permanent residents available for care giving positions where there is no live-in requirement."

But on the caregiver's days off, s/he can go where s/he wishes.
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:21pm
Hi Minreau,

Sorry about the delay in responding. I don't usually get online on the weekends. I didn't exaclty understand your question but i'll try and answer to what I understood. Yes, I worked as a live-in-caregiver in my country. The situation was different (it was not a government program like here, in Canada). I worked with 10 children at a children's home.

While in Canada, while in the live-in program, you are allowed to LIVE IN the house of the people you are taking care of. If you mean, if you can leave on your time off, yes, that's allowed, and you may have friends you could spend the night over, and such, or weekends. I think J (job_seeker) did a really good job putting up the info you need.

Let us know if this makes sense.

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:57am
Let's see what CIC has to say today...

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:30am
Okie, CIC is moving along. They're processing applications up to June 14th. Wonderful!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 75>
  Share Topic