Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 75>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:03pm
So, today is Tuesday again. Another day for the tables to change. I hope they stay the same length of time or less.
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:12pm
Quote Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.(Carl Sandburg)

Love your signature my friend.
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:36pm
OH, YES!!! 5-6 months for those up to 30th of May!!! Yaayy! I love this! Thank you J, I'm not weeping now, but the day's not over with so . I just thought i'd send a hug! I really wish people would do that more often. It has such a healing effect.

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:45pm
Yeah... winter is definitely here. It's so sunny outside today and everything is covered in frost... Christmas, where are you?

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:40pm
Good morning, people. I'm just bumping up the thread a bit, so it doesn't get lost. Beautiful days, these three days... beautiful sunrises and beautiful sunsets, and lovely evenings, with full moon and sparkly frost. I sigh at the thought of having my own place and just resting and having a HOME. A good day to all of you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Carmenuta Carmenuta wrote:

Good morning, people. I'm just bumping up the thread a bit, so it doesn't get lost. Beautiful days, these three days... beautiful sunrises and beautiful sunsets, and lovely evenings, with full moon and sparkly frost. I sigh at the thought of having my own place and just resting and having a HOME. A good day to all of you!

Great morning indeed, Carmen Pretty soon my friend. All those within your grasp. Giving you hug friend.
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:00pm
Oh, thank you, J! Hug back at you !

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:04am
So, tonight, I had a Christmas party with Arthur Murray Dance people. We went to this restaurant in Burnaby and danced our hearts out :-). It was an escape for me from thinking about the PR processing and everything. To my surprise, I found out one of the students there, a female, my age, from Check Republic came here as a nanny herself and she was at the dance with her partner. We just talked and shared experiences. I found out that, for herself, at the time, and she was single (no dependants) the process for PR took quite a while. Apparently, one of the agents misplaced her file and, eventually, they found it. I also found out that she got her OWP in about 6 months. All, in all, her partner told me that he's never heard of a live-in-nanny case to be unsuccessful... unless you're really sick or really have criminal record and such. In other words, he said, it's all a formality. It's about the stamp. They were also mentioning about a person who sent in the wrong papers and that person got PR and so... All this I'm sharing to encourage you guys and myself in our waiting. We should keep busy doing things while we wait. God is in control.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:46am
Great news!!!! There is light at the end of the tunnel after all
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:21pm
Always!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 75>
  Share Topic