Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for PR and OWP -- single caregivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 75>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:01pm
Hi, everyone! One more week to Christmas! Today's 3 months since my application. The worst has gone by, I believe. I haven't gotten any news yet, but 3 months, when I first started waiting, seemed like eternity.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, in the heart!
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:01pm
I waited 20 Months before i got my PR

some of the people here have waited for 3-4 yrs before they receive their PR

and some are still waiting from 2006 up to now..CryCry

Edited by babyboy - 18 Dec 2009 at 9:02pm
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:48pm
Were you in the live-in-caregiver program? And did you have dependants? I heard of caregivers, single caregivers, who didn't have to through the process for a long time. It depends. What i'm more interested in is my OWP, for the moment, so I can move out and start working. PR can come later. I'm not in a rush anywhere.

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:10pm
Applications up to 16th of June, today. That's interesting. I think they've made some changes to their site, but i'm guessing they're trying to get some work in, before Christmas, and that's neat.

Still, 16th of June... they're not moving too fast through the month of June. Anyways, holidays are here! Time to let concerns aside and feel at home.

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 5:57am
Originally posted by Carmenuta Carmenuta wrote:

Applications up to 16th of June, today. That's interesting. I think they've made some changes to their site, but i'm guessing they're trying to get some work in, before Christmas, and that's neat.

Still, 16th of June... they're not moving too fast through the month of June. Anyways, holidays are here! Time to let concerns aside and feel at home.

Hi Carmen,

Maybe more applicants in June. Time flies my friend Missing you here. Enjoy the holidays!!!!

J
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 3:04pm
Hi Carmen,

Busy during the holidays eh. Just keeping in touch my friend.

J

Edited by job_seeker - 29 Dec 2009 at 3:04pm
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 5:42pm
Hi, there, J and Happy Holidays! Yes, I've been pretty busy celebrating Christmas with a friend and just taking some days off work. I'm excited about things. I"m thinking 2 or 3 more months until... whatever. I look forward to getting my papers. Thank you for keeping in touch.

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 8:30pm
No news today on the CIC website, but it's also the holiday season, so I'm thinking some people may be on vacation and the work load is heavier at this time as well as slower. Hopefully, we'll find out something tomorrow.

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:27pm
Good... at least, CIC's moving along through the month of June. Up to 22nd of June now..., but we're during the holiday season as well... more vacations, less work and such. Let's hope they'll work faster after the holidays!

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:48pm
Ok! So, now the holidays are over with... let's hope to see some action here. I'm getting so anxious here... anyone anymore news yet???

J, how are you hanging in in there? How were the holidays for you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 75>
  Share Topic