Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

transfer from open work permit to study permit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transfer from open work permit to study permit
    Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 8:52pm

Hi

Currently I'm on open work permit in Canada. Today I got admission in one of the college in edmonton for 2 years course and the course is going to start from may 2010. WIll there be any difficulty getting study permit as currently i'm on open work permit in canada.

Will there be any difficulty in getting my condition change (getting study permit from open work permit)

Regards
Harjinder

Baljinder
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by edmontonguy edmontonguy wrote:

Hi

Currently I'm on open work permit in Canada. Today I got admission in one of the college in edmonton for 2 years course and the course is going to start from may 2010. WIll there be any difficulty getting study permit as currently i'm on open work permit in canada.

Will there be any difficulty in getting my condition change (getting study permit from open work permit)

RegardsHarjinder

Hi,

From what I have read, you can change your status from worker to student for as long as you can show proof that you can pay your tuition and support yourself.
edmontonguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:55pm
well my husband is working in good company and his pay is around 65K/annum what else proof do i have to show any idea
Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:16am

well my husband is working in good company and his pay is around 65K/annum what else proof do i have to show any idea

Hi,

Then by all means you can go ahead and apply for your student permit. All the best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:35am
as my husband is on work permit so once i get study permit will his work permit will also be changed
Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:42pm

as my husband is on work permit so once i get study permit will his work permit will also be changed

Were you the principal applicant? Spouses may accompany a person who is approved for a student permit and are given open work permit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 1:09am
my husband is principal applicant but i', going on study permit now
Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 9:21am
I think your visa is co-terminus with your husband's. But the guidelines say you can change the conditions of your stay from worker to student. So there does not seem any reason why you can't. All the best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:20am
thanks job seeker but when  my wife gets study permit will my will also be changed to open work permit or my work permit still remains same and in next year december when my work permit expires then can i apply for open work permit and will there by any hassle of getting open work permit then.
Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:46pm

thanks job seeker but when  my wife gets study permit will my will also be changed to open work permit or my work permit still remains same and in next year december when my work permit expires then can i apply for open work permit and will there by any hassle of getting open work permit then.

hmmm. but you can already apply for PR next year, can't you? You are working in the IT field (skilled) and two years Canadian experience, so you can apply under CEC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic