Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

transfer from open work permit to study permit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transfer from open work permit to study permit
    Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 1:56am
hi
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:51am
Originally posted by edmontonguy edmontonguy wrote:

Yes I can but the problem is when i was in india i applied in the year 2006 my immigration but if i have to apply now in canda i have to pull the file from india so i fear if i apply form here i have to pull the file from india and i have almost invested more than 4 years now. Also, there is condition while applying for PR from canada you should have valid work permit and by the time you get immigration your work permit should be valid and i believe if i apply from canda it takes around 12=18 months to get PR. Please help

I don't think you need to withdraw your previous PR application. I am assuming you applied under FSW (IT was still part of the list of occupations under pressure then). With the CEC you can apply after you have gained two years experience. I have read posts of forum members who have applied under two streams- family sponsorship and FSW, so why not FSW and CEC? How far are you with your previous PR app?

Edited by job_seeker - 20 Dec 2009 at 10:52am
edmontonguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:55pm

Yes I can but the problem is when i was in india i applied in the year 2006 my immigration but if i have to apply now in canda i have to pull the file from india so i fear if i apply form here i have to pull the file from india and i have almost invested more than 4 years now. Also, there is condition while applying for PR from canada you should have valid work permit and by the time you get immigration your work permit should be valid and i believe if i apply from canda it takes around 12=18 months to get PR. Please help

Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:46pm

thanks job seeker but when  my wife gets study permit will my will also be changed to open work permit or my work permit still remains same and in next year december when my work permit expires then can i apply for open work permit and will there by any hassle of getting open work permit then.

hmmm. but you can already apply for PR next year, can't you? You are working in the IT field (skilled) and two years Canadian experience, so you can apply under CEC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:20am
thanks job seeker but when  my wife gets study permit will my will also be changed to open work permit or my work permit still remains same and in next year december when my work permit expires then can i apply for open work permit and will there by any hassle of getting open work permit then.
Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 9:21am
I think your visa is co-terminus with your husband's. But the guidelines say you can change the conditions of your stay from worker to student. So there does not seem any reason why you can't. All the best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 1:09am
my husband is principal applicant but i', going on study permit now
Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:42pm

as my husband is on work permit so once i get study permit will his work permit will also be changed

Were you the principal applicant? Spouses may accompany a person who is approved for a student permit and are given open work permit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:35am
as my husband is on work permit so once i get study permit will his work permit will also be changed
Baljinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:16am

well my husband is working in good company and his pay is around 65K/annum what else proof do i have to show any idea

Hi,

Then by all means you can go ahead and apply for your student permit. All the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic