Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Delhi or Buffalo and some questions......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subh789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Delhi or Buffalo and some questions......
    Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 3:03am

I am new in this forum. I am planning to apply in FSW. I have few questions:

1.       Currently, I am staying in USA but my country of nationality is India. My visa in USA is only valid for next 10 months. Shall I apply from New Delhi (India) or Buffalo (USA)?

I looked on the Canada immigration and citizenship site (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-fed.asp) and found that processing at New Delhi is faster. But I was wondering how difficult or cumbersome it will be to do police certificate , produce other supporting document and communicating while outside of India? Are there any other things to consider if applying from New Delhi while currently staying in other country?

2.       I am applying through my spouse who worked as a dentist in India. As she worked in private dental clinic, she did not receive any payslip. She is having the experience letter for a period she worked there. Is that enough to support the work experience? What is a meaning of employment contract? Is this means appointment letter? What should be the content for it? If somebody could share the template for employment contract and letter of reference, it would be a great help.

3.       In the application for permanent resident in Canada, question #20, “where do you intent to live in Canada? “, do you have any suggestion what could be a better place for Dentist and IT professional. Does the selection of city/place matters?

I apologize if I am repeating the questions. Any pointers would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

-Subh

ayubmasoom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayubmasoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 3:33am
Originally posted by subh789 subh789 wrote:

I am new in this forum. I am planning to apply in FSW. I have few questions: 

Welcome to the forum. I hope the forum would be very helpful to you while going towards the immigration process. 

1.       Currently, I am staying in USA but my country of nationality is India. My visa in USA is only valid for next 10 months. Shall I apply from New Delhi (India) or Buffalo (USA)?

Generally rule of thumb apply to the nearest immigration office that you are currently residing. This will help you to process your documents faster. For eg you have to send all your documents to that immigration office later on. In this case you can reach to your immigration office quickly in Buffalo rather than New Delhi specially in case of sending sensitive documents such as passports etc. 

I looked on the Canada immigration and citizenship site (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-fed.asp) and found that processing at New Delhi is faster. But I was wondering how difficult or cumbersome it will be to do police certificate , produce other supporting document and communicating while outside of India? Are there any other things to consider if applying from New Delhi while currently staying in other country?

What you have seen in the forum is not incorrect but you should remember that the people who are applying in New Delhi are the people currently residing in India. If you try to send your VO as New Delhi then you have to correspond each and everything to New Delhi office. 

The police clearance certificate depends upon where you are applying. If you are applying in India then it might take sometime (internal checking process), US also takes time due to FBI checking. So it is advisable to start the process to collect the police clearance certificate (PCC) as soon as possible. These documents are valid for 6 months. 

2.       I am applying through my spouse who worked as a dentist in India. As she worked in private dental clinic, she did not receive any payslip. She is having the experience letter for a period she worked there. Is that enough to support the work experience? What is a meaning of employment contract? Is this means appointment letter? What should be the content for it? If somebody could share the template for employment contract and letter of reference, it would be a great help.

The employment contract is the document required to verify that she actually worked there. In the contract there would be the job description that she need to perform during her work. This is actually to verify that she actually worked there. If required then they can contact her work place and verify the contract letter. This is an official documents used as a proof by the client. 

3.       In the application for permanent resident in Canada, question #20, “where do you intent to live in Canada? “, do you have any suggestion what could be a better place for Dentist and IT professional. Does the selection of city/place matters?

Well this question would be difficult to answer as it depends upon the personal choice. People are dying to go mega cities such as Vancouver, Toronto etc but beside these there are also very good places unexplored.

I apologize if I am repeating the questions. Any pointers would be a great help.

Happy to help you out at this time of stress. 

Thanks in advance.

-Subh

Visa Issued: March 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic