Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family sponsorship question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaioxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family sponsorship question
    Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:29pm

Hi,

My mother is a citizen of Russia who is currently residing illegally in US.She had Visa only for 4 months after her arrival .I would like to apply for Family sponsorship. Does she  physically have to file  the paper work from Russia or can she remain in the states while she will be applying as a Russian citizen.She doesn't want to go back to Russia unless is necessary(except for the interview).
Can someone also recommend a decent lawyer who has handle similar issues like this before?

Thank you
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by zaioxa zaioxa wrote:

Hi,

My mother is a citizen of Russia who is currently residing illegally in US.She had Visa only for 4 months after her arrival .I would like to apply for Family sponsorship. Does she  physically have to file  the paper work from Russia or can she remain in the states while she will be applying as a Russian citizen.She doesn't want to go back to Russia unless is necessary(except for the interview).

Can someone also recommend a decent lawyer who has handle similar issues like this before?

Thank you

For you to be able to file her sponsorship in the US she should been accepted there legally for a year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1344EA.pdf

see:
page 3. q6
zaioxa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaioxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 2:53pm
Hi job_seeker,

Thank you for info sir.
page3 q.6
It states that:

Page 3, 6. a) Address where the person you are sponsoring lives

If the above address is not in the country of nationality of the person  you are sponsoring has that person been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year in the country where he or she is living?

NO  --> The application will be processed at the visa office responsible for the country of which the person you are sponsoring is a national. Proceed to 7.

Page 3 q.7.
Mailing address, if different from address in 6. a)

Its still not clear I will file the papers and i will proceed  the application through Moscow but while she is waiting for her interview which will take place in Russia  Can she remain in the USA?

page 3 6a will be the curant US address and
pager 3. 7 will be the russian address.

They didn't state that she has to be physically present in the country of origin while she is waiting for the interview.

Thank you

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 3:44pm
Hi

Originally posted by zaioxa zaioxa wrote:

Hi job_seeker,

Thank you for info sir.

page3 q.6

It states that:

Page 3, 6. a) Address where the person you are sponsoring lives

If the above address is not in the country of nationality of the person  you are sponsoring has that person been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year in the country where he or she is living?

NO  --> The application will be processed at the visa office responsible for the country of which the person you are sponsoring is a national. Proceed to 7.

Page 3 q.7.

Mailing address, if different from address in 6. a)

Its still not clear I will file the papers and i will proceed  the application through Moscow but while she is waiting for her interview which will take place in Russia  Can she remain in the USA?

page 3 6a will be the curant US address and

pager 3. 7 will be the russian address.

They didn't state that she has to be physically present in the country of origin while she is waiting for the interview.

Thank you
<!-- cg14.c1.mail.mud.yahoo.com compressed/chunked Thu Dec 17 08:07:42 PST 2009 -->

1. Its her choice, but you know that she will be banned for the US for up to 10 years, once she leaves.
2. Do you also know that it will be at least 32 months before the application is processed in Mississauga and then another 9-15 months for processing in Moscow?
PMM
zaioxa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaioxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:34pm
Hi pmm

First:She won't be banned from US because she applied under special amnesty program and she was approved.She will have work authorization in 2 years because the waiting  line is too big but anyway I don't even have to  explain all of this since my question was completely different.

Second: If I am reading and posting here it means i should know the waiting time which is a big discussion here on this forum and again this wasn't the question i was asking.

My question was
 Does she  physically have to file  the paper work from Russia or can she remain in the states while she will be applying as a Russian citizen
and the second one was

But anyway thank you for your opinion I think i will just have to find a decent lawyer
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:33pm
The poster based his response on the info that he had at the time. His response seemed in line so no need to be rude.

We are just regular folks here trying to help each other out. Maybe you should have just posed these questions to a lawyer in the first place.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 12:07am
Originally posted by jamaisomal jamaisomal wrote:

The poster based his response on the info that he had at the time. His response seemed in line so no need to be rude.

We are just regular folks here trying to help each other out. Maybe you should have just posed these questions to a lawyer in the first place.

Unless someone deleted a post, I don't see anything rude. jamaisomal, if it was deleted I don't care and will delete this and think you should do the same but if I missed the offense I would appreciate if you would please point it out.
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
launched View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote launched Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:21am
Woah, no need to take your frustrations out on the forum people.
We are just trying to help each other, like jamaisomal stated, if you don't like the advice, please consult a lawyer, but do not be rude in the forum.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:27am
Hi,

Looks like the cited form is for spouse and dependent children only. There is a different package for sponsorship of other family members. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5196E.PDF. It does not have the same set of questions we are basing our opinions as to whether the application can be filed in the US or not. Anyway, you are right. Finding a decent lawyer would be best in cases such as your mom's sponsorship. The website where this forum is, is maintained by an immigration law office. There are also members here who are immigration consultants. All the best.

BTW. Forum members are here to help but the help they give are based on their experiences, their readings, education. PMM is a respected member whose advice and recommendations had helped many.

Edited by job_seeker - 18 Dec 2009 at 9:28am
zaioxa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaioxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
Hi Guys,

I didn't meant to be rude to pmm so no offense if you think i was rude I am sorry as you said we are all here to help each other.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic