Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NOC Problem for application in Oilfield Experience
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NOC Problem for application in Oilfield Experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omaralmatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOC Problem for application in Oilfield Experience
    Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 5:33pm
Hi,

I have been working 5 years as a Directional Drilling Engineer, MWD and LWD engineer. I am planning to migrate to canada and currently, I am being assessed by a lawyers firm (Primus immigration Experts)

My intention is to apply according to the Federal Immigration Program instead of the Quebec Program. According to the Last new NOC's available from 2010 in order to apply, there opened the NOC 8222. 8222 Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service

The NOC 8232 refers exactly to my job position of Directional Drilling Engineer:

My Question is that if it is possible to apply with the NOC 8222 instead of 8232, having a lot of similarities on both NOC's.

Primus, says that I cannot apply for the Federal Immigration program with the NOC 8222.

Please I need some assesment on this matter to know if it will be possible for me to continue with my paperwork

Regards...
Omar Al Matar
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 2:01am
If you're a highly skilled/educated engineer, why not read the information on CIC website rather than asking some consulting firm

here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic