Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card holder, Visa advice required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR card holder, Visa advice required
    Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 11:27pm
Hi

Hope you all are well and Canada is proving to be a country of your dreams.

I landed in Canada last year on my father's sponsorship as a dependant. Received my PR card and then moved outside Canada. Meanwhile i got married and its been a year since i landed. Now i would like to apply for my husband's immigration. Our queries are:

- Should we visit Canada (where the rest of my family members are residing) and apply for his immigration from there, or should we apply from our current place of residence?

- Does he have to list himself under a skilled worker category when he has a wife with PR card and inlaws residing in Canada (all PR card holders).

Please advise on anything related as to how we should go on about it, other than my abve queries. Will be really grateful.

Thank you.

GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 12:22pm
Maanu,

if you are a PR (not a citizen) you MUST live in Canada during sponsorship, otherwise your application will be refused. Skilled worker category is a different immigration class, but you may want to check if your husband qualify for that category too and then decide which way to go (skilled worker class or family class).

G.
x29r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x29r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 2:30pm
if you don't want to live in Canada then why bother being a pr..you application will be refused as you must stay in Canada while sponsorship is pending and you must apply within Canada..you cannot sponsor him living outside Canada ..i
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic